Question

texts showing up as a different number

• 9 January 2022
  • 6 replies

I transferred my number using a PAC code and spoke to someone at ID and they said it's working and changed there end. But when I text people it's showing as a different number, calls are working fine though.

I've gone from a Samsung to a Google 6 pro, I've tried restarting, taking my SIM out and restarting again. I've messed around with setting and found only one thing as still shows a different number and that is chat features and it says the following

Chat features status: connected 

Chat features are ready to use for 07....... And this is the wrong number but don't want to share it for everyone to see. This is currently the same number that everyone is recieving on text messages and it will not let me change it. What do I try now ?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

After 5 hours stressing over this for the pat 5 hours I've got it sort. If anyone else has this issue go into the playstore app, find the default messaging app that comes with the phone. Delete it and redownload it that work fine for me.

This but wasn't needed to work but I went into the phone settings > messaging settings > chat features and resetup my number there 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No need to do all that… You setup chat features prior to the port of the old number had completed and so it was registered against the temporary number.

Simply disable chat features, update the phone number and then re-enabling chat features.

Messages > Settings > Advanced > Phone Number

I tried this before hand and it didn't work for me, only this way did 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Lisa Bennett,

Is this resolved or would you like some assistance with it?

Kash

It has been resolved now

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Lisa Bennett,

Glad to hear that it’s sorted. If you require further assistance please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?