Solved

Three website set as default homepage

• 4 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

My mum has just joined iD and has an unlocked Galaxy A12. She was on Tesco Mobile before.

At the moment she has both sims in her phone, and I noticed that her default homepage on ‘Samsung Internet’ has changed to Three’s website.

I’ve been with iD for over 2 years (with an unlocked Galaxy A51) and my default homepage has always been Google.

We can change the homepage, no problem. I was just curious as to whether this has happened to others.

Just seemed strange as although iD runs on Three, it isn’t owned by them.

icon

Best answer by ReeceG 7 March 2022, 20:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Have had the same happen to me with my Samsung S21 Ultra and Vodafone. Except in my case, the default page was set to use the mms url which resulted in a broken page! For whatever reason, when a configuration message is received, Samsung sets the default URL to that contained in the last configuration message. I resolved it, took me ages and I can't remember how I did it now.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the reply @WelshPaul.

So I'm guessing that because iD gets their Internet services through three, that's why three.co.uk has been sent through with the configuration message?

Free advertising for three I guess haha.

Userlevel 1
Badge

UPDATE:

My mum removed her tesco sim today, and just a few mins ago, updated samsung Internet.

And now her default homepage is back to google.

Not sure whether either of these were the cause, but it seems to have self corrected itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @ReeceG,

Glad to hear it’s been fixed since.

In regards to the web page, I’m not sure, however, I know that some phones would in the past, get 3UK APN settings instead of the iD Mobile ones when the phone was one that hadn’t yet been tested/approved. 

Likely it could have fallen under this and defaulted to 3UK’s page.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?