Question

Transferred number

• 29 June 2022
  • 7 replies

I’ve recently moved to idmoblie and I’ve transferred my old number. It’s allowing me to call others from my transferred number and send imessages but it won’t let me send regular texts? This is inconvenient as my mum doesn’t have an iphone so I can’t text her. Any help would be appreciated.

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @lila.h, some questions: 

1. When you call others, do they see your transferred number?
  2. What happens when you try and send a regular text?
  3. Did you get a new phone when you moved to iD Mobile?
  4. Have you contacted Apple for assistance with this problem?
Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @lila.h, could you please disable iMessage and then try to send a standard SMS? If that works, re-enable iMessage and see if it still works.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am having the same problem. Can receive text messages but can’t send them. Have disabled iMessage and still not making a difference. Also in my iMessage it’s not giving me the option to send from my old number, only has the new number that I have from the new phone I bought which is no good as then not receiving iMessages as going to the number I’m not using (kept my old number). Please advise would to do to help? Many thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Nicola Coombes, in iMessage settings where it says “Start new conversations from”, does it let you edit the number at all?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

No it doesn’t, can only click on it to select. Has the new number and an email address but I would like my old number to be able to use. 

Userlevel 1

It’s sorted now, thank you if you sorted it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Glad to hear that, @Nicola Coombes. Let us know if you need anything else at all!

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?