Question

trouble after porting number with texts please help

• 17 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi 

I have recently moved from Vodafone to id mobile I needed to keep my number got the pac no and did all was told most of it seems fine but when it comes to texting if I text there coming through on a diffrent phone number ? .

It's a Samsung s21 

Have tried taking the sim out and putting back in and made no difference 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Jennievictoria,

Do you mean the TXT message recipient doesn’t see your number when you TXT them?

Is the number they see the same as the iD number you got initially - the one before your number was ported-in from Vodaphone?

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jennievictoria,

The answers to @andewhite questions would be very helpful in working this out. Also, how long ago was the PAC code submitted to us?

Cheers,

Will

Hi its been a week spoke to someone fro id and they confirmed it has tranfered but when I send texts its coming from a diffeent phone no not the one I kept

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Jennievictoria,

So if for example, you call someone, what number is displayed on the phone of the person you’re calling?

Is it the number you ported-in to iD?
Or another number (the one you got when you initially joined iD)?

Thanks.

If I call someone its the number I got when I initially joined id that shows on there phone

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Jennievictoria,

Thanks for the update. Sadly it seems your number port-in to iD has not worked.

I recommend getting this sorted quickly. Your best bet is to contact an iD agent using their Live Chat service. To avoid the annoying 24/7 chat-bot and get an agent you should type “talk to a person”.

There are iD agents from 9am to 6pm at weekends (and 9am to 8pm on weekdays).

Click here for iD Live Chat.

If you don’t mind waiting, someone from iD will probably send you a private message in this forum.

Anyway, I hope you get this sorted.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jennievictoria,

As ​​​@andewhite has mentioned, we’ll need to look into the port further. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?