Unable to send text messages

Userlevel 1

I have an Oppo Reno 4 Z that I cannot send text messsges on. It's dual sim so I've tried to send texts from either sim but the result is the same. I get a waiting for connection message then hours later it tells me the message has not been sent. I've tried the trouble shooting things like clearing message data but nothing works. Every other function works fine.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi, What messaging app are you using?

Userlevel 1

The text message function that was in the phone. 

All my other message apps like Whatsapp and Facebook messenger work fine but not the standard sms text message.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

OK then it should be Google Messages…

There are a few things you can try. The first thing I recommend is to try and clear the cache by navigating to the following setting:

Settings > App management > App list > Messages > Storage usage

Click on Clear cache.

Now open the messages Application and navigate to:

Messages > Three Dots > Settings

• Enable chat features: Off
  • Your current country: Automatically detected (United Kingdom)

Messages > Three Dots > Settings > Advanced

• Phone number: YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HERE
  • SMSC: +447782000800

Finally visit Google on the link below and try to remove your number from Google’s RCS server by entering your number into the field located on the bottom of the page.

https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I've cleared the cache but will give these a try. Thank you

Userlevel 1

Sadly, nothing worked. Makes me want my old samsung back as I am seriously starting to dislike this phone. I bought it on line, but am I able to take it in to a phone shop that stocks them and get help.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I have two of these handsets and they work well. Can you phone out on it? Where did you purchase it from?

Userlevel 1

I purchased it from ID Mobile online. I can phone out without any issues just cant send a text message.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Have you tried the SIM in a different phone? If so, can you send text messages?

I have just tested sending a text from my son’s Oppo Reno 4 Z handset that is on the ID Mobile network, and the text sent ok. I guess that rules out a global network issue...

Try entering your postcode here: http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Any reported issues?

Userlevel 1

It's dual sim. One sim came out of my old samsung and the other sim is the one that came with the Oppo. I know the old sim works. When sending a text message it asks which sim you want to send it from...I have tried sending from sim 1 and sim 2 but both with same result

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Ah ok, definitely the phone then.

Only other thing I can think of is to try and uninstall the messaging app completely and re-download it from the play store?

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I will give that a go. Thank you for your help much appreciated.

Why iD Mobile?