Question

Unlimited minutes and being told i will be charged to call a landline

• 7 July 2022
  • 6 replies

I was phoning the doctor for our sick baby yesterday when my phone kept saying I would be charged per minute for the call. I have unlimited minutes and I was calling a landline. What on earth is going on?

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What number are you calling?

Normally it’s only mobile numbers, and landline numbers starting with 01, 02, and 03 that are included in unlimited call allowances.

Good luck.

The number starts 01

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How strange @Kirk Thomas - that said, the iD billing systems aren’t always 100% reliable.

Earlier this week there was an issue with customers on plans with unlimited calls and texts.

It’s most likely iD need to look at your iD account. It’s best to contact them using online chat from https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

Get in-touch between 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends, to chat with a real person at iD.

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Kirk Thomas 

I’d recommend taking a look at the iD Mobile app to double check you have any bars on premium numbers, even if the number wouldn’t charge you our system doesn’t always recognise that and so won’t allow it to be attempted, I’d recommend having a bill cap above £0 and trying to call again.

It’s also worth making sure the number you’re calling definitely doesn’t cost anything to call.

Tom

Hi Tom, I’m 100% sure it’s a normal number as it is my doctors and I’ve been phoning them on this network for months. This is a new fault from ID mobile.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Kirk Thomas, there was a glitch for a brief moment on the morning of the 6th but this has since been resolved and nobody was actually charged.

Have you tried restarting your phone and dialing the number again?

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?