Question

Unlock iPhone 6S - No longer with iD Mobile

• 10 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi.

Is it possible to unlock my iPhone 6s even though my iD contract ended over 2 years ago?

From searching the internet, it seems the phone should have been unlocked automatically 6 months into my contract but this didn’t happen.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge +10

Please note: The only phones that iD Mobile locks are iPhone's made before 2018.

How can I check if my phone’s unlocked?
It’s easy to find out if your phone’s locked. Simply insert a SIM card from another network, and see if the name of the network appears on your handset.
If it does and you’re able to use your phone, it’s unlocked.
If you’re unable to use it, your phone’s probably be locked.

How long does it take to unlock a phone?
The actual unlocking time varies by network, and can take days. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do to speed up this process. Your network will be able to advise you of the exact timescale. A complete list of networks and how to unlock them is available in the link at the foot of this post!

My phone’s locked to iD Mobile. How can I unlock it?
As with most networks, iD Mobile has an unlocking policy to protect us from any potential fraudulent activity.
We can unlock your phone if you’ve been with us for more than 6 months, and you don’t have an outstanding balance on your account.

Unlocking is free, and usually takes no more than 3-5 days.

If you’d like to have your iD Mobile phone unlocked, contact us here and we’ll get right on it.

:beginner: You can read the entire article on phone unlocking in the link below :arrow_down:

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Al Pot,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Why iD Mobile?