Solved

What do I do if I damaged my phones screen?

• 18 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, my sister has dropped her phone and so here I am asking what do I do to help her sort her phone. She asked me today if i know how we are to sort out her phone but i’m not sure and i cannot get through to ID Mobile helpline.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 19 July 2021, 13:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @becca2003 

Unfortunately, damages like "cracked screen" are not covered under standard warranty so she could send it for a chargeable repair if applicable.

In order to see if we could advise you on your next steps would you be able to answer these questions below for me.

What make is your sister's phone?

Did she buy her phone directly from iD Mobile website or through Carphone Warehouse?

Kind Regards

Gregor

Userlevel 1

Hello @becca2003 

Unfortunately, damages like "cracked screen" are not covered under standard warranty so she could send it for a chargeable repair if applicable.

In order to see if we could advise you on your next steps would you be able to answer these questions below for me.

What make is your sister's phone?

Did she buy her phone directly from iD Mobile website or through Carphone Warehouse?

Kind Regards

Gregor

i dont know the make from the top of my head, i forgot but she got it from ID Mobile website.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @becca2003 

As the phone has physical damaged the phone would not be covered under the handset warranty; if you have Insurance I would advise checking with your Insurance provide to see if the phone is covered for accidental damage. 

The Carphone Warehouse within a Currys store do offer repairs. 

Just bring it into your nearest Team Knowhow Service Centre and they will give you an immediate quote, including all parts and labour, with no hidden charges to sting you down the line. If you visit one of their state of the art Repair & Service Centres, they can often repair your phone by the very next day, but if not, they will get it back to you within 14 days, and often sooner. https://www.teamknowhow.com/store-locator 

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

Hello @becca2003 

As the phone has physical damaged the phone would not be covered under the handset warranty; if you have Insurance I would advise checking with your Insurance provide to see if the phone is covered for accidental damage. 

The Carphone Warehouse within a Currys store do offer repairs. 

Just bring it into your nearest Team Knowhow Service Centre and they will give you an immediate quote, including all parts and labour, with no hidden charges to sting you down the line. If you visit one of their state of the art Repair & Service Centres, they can often repair your phone by the very next day, but if not, they will get it back to you within 14 days, and often sooner. https://www.teamknowhow.com/store-locator 

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

thank you so much Michelle, I have sent over a screenshot of this message to my sister and I am waiting for a message back. Hopefully this will help her come up with a way to get her phone sorted.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @becca2003 

No worries, please do get back in contact if you require any further help. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile

Userlevel 1

Hi @becca2003 

No worries, please do get back in contact if you require any further help. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile

My sister has said to me she is planning to take it to a carephone warehouse store to see what they say. Thank you so much Michelle!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Great to hear @becca2003 

I do hope they can fix your sisters phone.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?