what is your pixel 6 battery usage? mobile network standby?

• 23 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello people, 

what is your pixel 6 battery usage?
I am very interested in ‘mobile network standby’ parameter.
All pixel 6 users are probably aware of android 12 issues but this thing is just scary. My Pixel 6 just lost 40% of battery during the night. Just by laying on the desk.
My mobile network standby is 31% for last 24h.
I’ve done all available tricks to save the battery but wonder if you got similar readings.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Android 12 sucks! Samsung have pulled the plug on any further updates on both their S & Z series handsets due to major issues reported across the board. Google are working along side Samsung to try and resolve things but for now, Samsung have halted Android 12. 

I wonder if Google will also halt any further Android 12 updates on the Pixel line too?

I also wonder how it will affect warranty? Night now I am FORCED to charge my phone twice a day, which of course got a hit on the battery expected lifetime.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Do you have a Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro?

I have a Pixel 6 that was supplied by ID Mobile but I don’t use it, my son does. He hasn’t mentioned anything about the battery not lasting or anything. In fact, having just looked at the battery stats it’d doing rather well:

Battery on my S21 Ultra has taken a bit of a hit with Android 12. All that being said, could be a rouge app on your phone? Not all apps are optimised for Android 12.

EDIT: So having Googled it probably is Android 12 related:

Regular Pixel 6.

can you check your ‘system usage for last 24h’, please?
I am doing my night test one more time. 
this time I killed ALL apps after charging up to 100%.
I’ve also read that sometimes recommended migration brings more bads than good and at the end what you have to do is factory reset and manual installation of all apps you need. I hope this wont be necessary, but right now, the phone overall performance is just terrible. I am not using my wireless charger as a charger but as a full time phone stand because all I need to do is to go to my local shop with my pixel buds and the phone is 50% when I am back. this. is. unacceptable. 

please also check the official google topic:
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/141961098/my-mobile-network-standby-is-31-for-last-24h-is-that-normal?hl=en

after loading my battery to full I just laid it flat on the desk (face down).
No you can see how the battery was drained out from 100% at 1am to 64% at 10am. No apps used at all. this is just crazy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Michal Kane Klucz,

We haven’t heard of any reports from other customers but you can contact Google directly for further assistance with this as your handset is under warranty.

Kash

Hello @Kash I had a chat with google support about the network coverage and they were unable to reset my software, they asked me to send phone to them where it will be inspected and replaced, however they first asked me to contact you if this is OK with your standards and if can be done easier, as it will left me without the phone for ten days. 

any ideas? (I can forward you the original email)

cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Michal Kane Klucz, it sounds like the network coverage itself is fine, right? The issue is that the battery is being drained by it; this isn’t something that we’d have any control over. It sounds like an Android issue, so I’d definitely continue down the Google path.

Thank you,

Rory

Hello I am in touch with Google, they are investigating it on their side. thank you

Why iD Mobile?