Question

When will the 256GB Pixel 6 Pro be back in stock?

• 12 January 2022
  • 4 replies

I want to upgrade from a SIM-only deal to a contract with the 256GB Pixel 6 Pro, but it’s showing ‘pre-order’ rather than ‘in stock’. Annoyingly, the phone is in stock at Carphone Warehouse and various other places, but I can’t get the contract there and keep my number (you can’t port numbers from ID to ID, only from/to separate networks), so I need it to be in stock directly with ID.

Can someone at ID give me an idea of when it will be back in stock?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @lxcmbl,

Currently, all variants are on pre-order and we don’t yet have a confirmed date.

This is due to popularity with the handset and stock constraints. Once we have a confirmed date with the manufacturer, we’d update the website to show this.

You can still pre-order and as soon as it’s available we’ll dispatch it. Often this can be stock that treackles in fulfilling orders in the date of which they are placed.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

This isn't very helpful - I'm not willing to order a handset with no idea when I might receive it and I doubt many people would be. Is there any way to even get a ballpark?

One additional question - if I ordered a contract upgrade online with one of these phones, when would I start paying the new contract monthly cost? Would it be straightaway, or only when the new phone was delivered?

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@lxcmbl 

Unfortunately at the moment we don’t have a date for delivery. Once we have a date for delivery it will become available on the website.

Also when you purchase an upgrade or new contract the billing starts from when the order has been dispatched from our warehouse.

Kash

Thanks Kash, good to know when billing would start.

Just adding a couple of notes on this based on my experience - perhaps other people may find these via Google and find them helpful:

- You can't port phone numbers from one contract to another contract on the same network unless you process it as an upgrade - so you can't buy a new contract on ID via Carphone Warehouse if you already have an ID SIM only deal - you need to upgrade via ID

- One exception to the above is that they *can* process upgrades via Carphone Warehouse if you do it physically in a store, just not online

- Unfortunately, in store they won't offer you the same contract deals as they offer online: what they offer will be worse

So... if you're on ID and want to get a new phone and stay on ID, your only good option is to process an upgrade with them regardless of whether they have stock. Trying to go via Carphone Warehouse will either cost you your phone number or an overpriced contract.

I wasted a bunch of time and energy trying to get a new phone and learning the above stuff, so hopefully this might save other people going through the same.

Why iD Mobile?