Question

Wi-fi Calling on Motorola Moto G 5G (Not the Plus version)

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know if Wi-Fi calling will work on the Motorola Moto 5g? The plus version is listed as compatible but not the newer ‘non plus’ version. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@matt_mobile Hi there, thanks for your question. I can confirm that only the ‘plus’ version has been approved for Wi-Fi Calling. 

Emil

Userlevel 1

I am a 5G plus owner, so am delighted at the answer you received - promising support ?!

or rather I would be if it is isi implemented now and I could use it on my 5G plus, It does not appear an option in my settings.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @JayR,

Is this everywhere you go, or just in certain areas? Has it ever shown 5G?

Have you a 5G approved postcode that the handset hasn’t worked in that we can check for you?

Will

Userlevel 1

Progress after latest phone update is that I now have additional option in settings for 5G/4G/3G/2G as my Preferred Network Type. 

I believe Beckenham should have coverage? I am Beckenham, postcode BR35BY

I use app OpenSignal which says 5G is 0% available. .

Userlevel 1

I have 5G working. I have to go outside for good signal in Beckenham.. I tried Shirley, Croydon, but no signal there.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Nice one @JayR; although the way 5G is promoted by the networks, you’d think it’s everywhere.

Sadly untrue though - here in the UK we haven’t even got universal 3G & 4G coverage yet.

I rely entirely on my broadband service to use Wi-Fi Calling - I’m in one of many mobile not-spots.

Enjoy the 5G though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @JayR,

Glad that the update seems to have sorted it. As @andewhite says, although the handset will receive it when 5G is available, many areas still don’t provide it as it’s still being rolled out. As more areas get updated though, at least we know your handset is now ready for it.

Will

Userlevel 1

Just wondering I have just got a Motorola G plus 5g can you confirm if this will work on I'd 5g network my old phone did and it's not listed anywhere on the I'd site that is the Xiaomi mi 10t lite thanks john

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Johnlightbulb,

The list of currently supported 5G devices is here:

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility | Join the discussion, ask questions, share advice. (idmobile.co.uk)

Your device isn’t listed, but it might work anyway. I guess the list will expand overtime as 5G develops.

Good luck! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks I have a  Xiaomi mi 10t lite it is not listed for WiFi calling or volite or even 5g on your network but they all work fine I think phones that have run certain tests   and passed are on the list am I correct ? I will try the Moto in  a known5g area and report back .

Userlevel 1

Thanks for solving this

Why iD Mobile?