Solved

WiFi Calling - enabled but does not work.

• 23 February 2020
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey guys

Usually I feel comfortable with getting most of iD Mobile features working by myself but since I got my Note 10 and my partner got S10 I really struggle to get WiFi Calling to work.  Both of the phones are factory unlocked and purchased directly from Samsung.

* I have erased and setup my phone twice to see if that will help.

* I have reset network settings multiple times even when using safe mode.

* I have checked career provisioning using #*#*4636#*#* code and toggle for WiFi Calling is on but greyed out.

* I have turn WiFi Calling on and off and test it with Airplane mode multiple times.

My phone is dual SIM so as a test I have inserted o2 and Vodafone Sims from my mates to the second slot and WiF Calling works with both of them but as soon as I change it back to iD Mobile it's not working but toggle to turn it off and on is visible. 

Below is few screenshot from my research.

I hope you guys can help me here, maybe one of the technicians would know what to do because I run out of ideas.

Kind Regards

Gregor

icon

Best answer by Michelle 20 February 2021, 13:30

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Gregor 
Has WiFi calling never worked with iD Mobile on neither of those phones

Could you try turning off WiFi calling in the phone, restarting your router, then turning the WiFi calling back on and seeing if the problem is the same?

Have you been able to test if WiFi calling is working on another WiFi network other than your home one?

---

If you've tried both the above and you see no change. 
Then please get in touch through one of the following below.  We’ll then raise a trouble ticket on this on your iD Mobile account and keep in touch directly with any updates.

Reaching our Live Chat Team here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/?ref=br_rs)
Twitter (https://twitter.com/iD_Mobile_UK)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Kevin 

Thank You for your advise. I did not think on trying to reset the router, I shall try that tonight and will let you know. 

It did not work at all since we got these phones. I will contact you by Facebook if these didn't work, it's the most convenient way for me :-) 

Thank You again for your tips. I will keep you posted if I managed to get it to work :)

Kind Regards

Gregor

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Wee update, I have got WiFi Calling to work. I had to flash CSC File which is specific to Carphone Warehouse and now it works as it's supposed to.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Interesting, could you elaborate on what you’ve done there @Gregor

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Kevin 

I am happy to tell my story about getting WiFi Calling to work 😃

While I was researching how I could fix it on my own, I came across an app called "Phone Info *SAM*". When I installed it and started checking things around I found section of the App that was called "Country Specific Code Lookup aka CSC Lookup" and I filtered to show me UK ones and I found this

Then I checked which version I had installed and appeared to be this one 

So I googled "SM-N970F Carphone Warehouse CSC File" and came up with nothing. There was no CPW version of that file available to download. 

So I asked my fellow "tech expert", he owns wee phone shop in town and he told to install "XEU" version of the Firmware and that should do the trick, so I said "that's the one I have on my phone and WiFi Calling doesn't work ".

I decided to keep researching and left it at that, but few days later he texted me to say "install "AUT" version of the firmware, which is for Switzerland but it worked for me." So that's what I did and in the settings says now that I have CSC available for CPW as well which unblocked WiFI Calling feature for me.

I don't know why Swiss version did the trick but that's where Carphone Warehouse specific settings are hiding :D

I have used Odin for any files that I flashed to my phone and Sammobile.com to download them. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Userlevel 1

@Gregor  Is that the only way to fix this by flashing the mobile? I can’t get wificalling to work on my S8. It is unlocked but it looks like it had VOD csc file. I have never flashed a phone is it easy and how safe is it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Reelmonkey,

I’m not sure if @Gregor has been active recently. Flashing a phone could void any warranty that you have with the manufacturer although your phone may be beyond that period anyway. Seeking help from a phone technician or watching some online content may help with this problem.

Ryan

I have new unlocked s21 ultra with same problem. Wifi calling has always worked OK with my previous oneplus devices & s8. Tried all the suggested methods to get working. Toggles are on but nothing in status bar. Live in a patchy area so it's vital for me otherwise I may have to port to another network. What am I missing Can? Can you help? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Nesky 

Where was the S21 originally purchased from?

Have you tried using the Samsung website to install clean firmware onto the phone as others have mentioned in this topic?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @Nesky 

We can only guarantee wifi calling will work if the phone was purchased directly from iD Mobile.

You can contact Samsung directly to see if they are able to fix this issue for you on their end.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Wifi calling has just stopped working on my Samsung A21s. Its enabled, but no WiFi calling icon on the top right of the screen. My wife's A12 on the same iD network,  wifi and location works fine.

Could it be a faulty SIM or a bug in android 11 as my wife's phone is still on android 10 ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Mike.green 

If you have recently  updated the software this may have caused the issue with your WiFi calling.

I would recommend contacting Samsung directly. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hello,

My phone doesn't seem to connect, make calls using WiFi Calling. Is there anything I can do to get this working again?

I have an iPhone XR, software version 14.6.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Straightupmagic,

Does WiFi calling show as enabled?

When you say it doesn’t connect, does it ring at all, or is there some sort of error message instead?

Will

Hello,

Yes - WiFi calling is enabled and when I dial the number it doesn't ring at all.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Straightupmagic,

Do you have any other handset to hand that enables Wifi calling. If possible could you try the SIM in that handset and see if Wifi calling works?

Kash

Hello,

Thanks for this - I have just tried the SIM in another phone and the WiFi calling didn't work on that handset either. 

I also tried a different SIM in my handset and that did work ok - so that suggested that it was the SIM card causing the issue. 

Thanks,

Charlotte

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Maybe try doing a network reset?

On my Samsung Ultra 5G device it’s here:

Settings > General management > Reset > Reset Network settings

Also, did you run the test on the same WiFI network? Maybe the problem is with the WiFI network and not the handsets/SIM?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Straightupmagic,

Have you got a new iD SIM now, or would you like us to message you privately to organise a new one to be sent out?

Will

Hello - it was all on the same WiFi network….

I have had the SIM for a while - if the answer is to have a new SIM it would be good to get one organised. 

Thanks

Charlotte

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

We’ll give it a go @Straightupmagic and see how we get on.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Why iD Mobile?