Question

wifi calling not working on iphone 12 pro max

The wifi calling on my iphone 12 pro max has not been working since the 5g was enabled on it

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Raj1972,

WiFi calling sometimes only comes into play when the coverage is very low and if you have Mobile Data enabled, this may block the feature completely if data is working faster and is more stable than the current WiFi network. This is because the phone will prioritise Mobile Data over WiFi which will stop the feature. 

Does turning your mobile data off help?

Ryan

Thank you Ryan for your reply.

I work in a place where i receive little or no mobile reception so not sure if this is the cause, however when i’m back at work i will turn my mobile data off and try wifi calling then.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sounds like a plan @Raj1972.

Please let us know how you get on either way so that we can provide further assistance if required.

Will

Hi Will.

Unfortunately Ryan’s suggesting of turning off the mobile data prior to using the wifi calling function did not work

Raj

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Raj1972 

Please ensure you have the latest software updated on your device. Once you have done any updates required please try the following steps:

· Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection 
· You may find it is set to Automatic. Please switched Automatic off, and a list of networks appears below 
· Then switched Automatic back on 

After doing this, it should now shows iD WiFi Call next to Network Selection, and also in Settings > General > About, it shows iD Wifi Call against the ‘Network’  

Please can you connect to WiFi, and then try the above?

I hope I was able to help you with your question. If my answer resolved your issue, then please mark my answer as ‘Most Helpful’ using the button below the message with the answer. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi Michelle.

I’ve tried what you have suggested but unfortunately still no wifi calling available.

When i go on the About section the network shows not available

I believe I’m on the most latest software at 14.6

Raj

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Raj1972 

Thanks for trying the above suggestions. 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and escalate this issue with our Technical Team.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?