Solved

Wifi calling not working on Samsung galaxy Note 10 + 5g

HI,

Have been with id mobile for a while now and happy but the signal is terrible inside our home compensated thus far due to wifi calling which was working flawlessly on Samsung galaxy Note 8. But I recently changed to Samsung Glaxy Note 10+ 5G phone and the wifi calling has stopped working on it. I know it is not a phone issue because it iw working fine on a vodafone sim, 

The strange thing is wifi calling option is ticked and all but the phone does not trigger the wifi access to call when it should. 

The phone is fully updated to the latest software (as said earlier I tested it on my friend’s Vodafone sim and wifi calling works fine on the phone)

Someone tells me I need a new sim because I now have a 5G phone. Is that correct?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 16 May 2022, 12:33

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If the phone was supplied through another carrier then the chances of WiFi calling working with another network is slim. What CSC code does it have?

It says XAA - it was bought as a fully unlocked phone. Just to confirm, everything else works except the wifi calling. Also to reiterate, the wifi calling setting gets enabled on the phone but it doesn't trigger during low signal.

And my previous phone where wifi calling worked flawlessly with ID mobile was a galaxy note 8 bought in the Middle East with a CSC code of XSG (United Arab Emirates)!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

So you have a USA unbranded device, that will likely be the cause of your problem.

FYI - Just because one exported device works on iD Mobile doesn’t mean they all will. Different regions have different requirements and implement things differently. See the Samsung community for further information on such things. 👍

Thanks for your reply.

Not convinced that is the issue here. I have just realised 5g doesn't work either although it works fine on the Vodafone sim (uk). Judging from the sheer number of posts on WiFi calling I suspect this is not a feature Id mobile is consistently able to support, probably not 5g either. I suppose I will just have to switch carriers. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The Samsung Note 10 Plus isn't listed as being compatible with iD Mobiles 5G service.

Anyway, it's well known that VoLTE, WiFi calling and other services such as Samsung Pay do not work for the majority of users using an imported device. If the device works on Vodafone's 5G network then make the switch, it will cost you though! Vodafone ain't cheap, and has lower data limits compared to other networks.

I have similar problem with my brand new Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro. All the internet functions work except for connection through WiFi Calling. We live on the fringe of reception and my new phone is useless for making or taking calls at home.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have similar problem with my brand new Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro. All the internet functions work except for connection through WiFi Calling. We live on the fringe of reception and my new phone is useless for making or taking calls at home.

Check if handset has Wi-FI Calling support at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling.

Scroll down to the “How do I get Wi-Fi Calling?” section.

On the compatible list the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is listed but not the Xiaomi Note 11 Pro 5G. My phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G and it does not connect to WiFi Calling.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

On the compatible list the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is listed but not the Xiaomi Note 11 Pro 5G. My phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G and it does not connect to WiFi Calling.

Yeah @JoefaePerth, the iD list is somewhat confusing.

I suggest for immediate assistance with this issue, get in-touch with iD customer services using the online chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

As an alternative, they’re also agents working on iD’s facebook and Twitter social media pages - good luck.

Userlevel 1

By the way: how do you get beyond the chatbot (which simply doesn’t understand the question) to a real person? I tried, but no joy.

Userlevel 1

Sorry, the last question was meant for another chat….

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

By the way: how do you get beyond the chatbot (which simply doesn’t understand the question) to a real person? I tried, but no joy.

Just type “talk to a person” and select “Customer Service” option. 

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @gs1956_2000,

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@Kash 

Many thanks for your help, I’ve continued the conversation on another chat.

Why iD Mobile?