Question

wifi calling samsung s10

Ive been with id for 2 yrs and just upgraded my phone. Never had a problem with my old samsung. Ive reset router and phone ect all the usual stuff  and it just wont work pls help

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Where did you obtain the phone from?

If you purchased the phone second hand, eBay or got it as part of a contract on another network then it’s likely that the handset although unlocked, is running on modified firmware.

Some network providers will only let you use some features with handsets they supply. as a result some network providers modify the stock firmware of a phone so that WiFi calling will work on their network.

Hi

I upgrade directly with id on their website. I have the toggle option and it is switched on. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Then WiFi calling should definitely work. 🙂

Have you tried doing a Network Reset?

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap General Management.
  3. Tap Reset.
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings.
  5. Tap Reset Settings.
  6. Tap Reset Settings one more time to confirm.

Be aware that if you have Signal then the network always takes priority. Basically, if you have low signal, WiFi calling won’t always kick in. You can check if WiFi calling works by putting the phone in airplane mode and manually enabling WiFi after (make sure that WiFi Calling is enabled in the settings first). 

No joy im afraid. Ive reset everything i can think of including router. Took sim out restarted ect. Its driving me nuts as have zero signal at home

Ive also tried flight mode a few times and it keeps saying cant make this call as no signal and turn flight mode off.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You say that you tried flight mode but you didn’t say if you manually enabled WiFi after enabling flight mode? When you toggle flight mode on, WiFi is turned off too and so you need to enable it manually otherwise it won’t work.

Yes i done that so had both fllight mode and the wifi symbol appear in the top corner 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The device is on the supported list:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

If Reset Network settings, rebooting the phone, rebooting the router and forcing WiFi calling as instructed above hasn’t worked, then ID Mobile will need to have a look at the account and confirm that WiFi calling has been provisioned on it.

You can do that via live chat using the link below or wait for a member of staff to respond to your posts here (be sometime this morning).

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Ok thank you for your help. Fingers crossed

Badge +10

@Kerrie bonnar

Had you tried turning OFF data?

That can sometimes cause issues with wifi as data has priority by default

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Data is disabled when in airplane mode (flight mode) which is why I recommend forcing WiFi calling:

If that doesn’t work then it’s almost always account related (WiFi not provisioned).

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Having just looked at the ID Mobile shop, they don’t appear to sell the S10 handset. Did you get this recently @Kerrie bonnar?

Also, can you confirm that it is a Samsung S10 and not a Samsung S10 5G? The Samsung S10 5G isn’t listed as being compatible with ID Mobile WiFi calling but as I confirmed in my previous post, the Samsung S10 is.

Oh that makes. Yes it is 5g. Ive been on chat and they say all ok their end and a problem with my internet provider. Damnit. I really rely on wifi calling. My partner has same phone as me but with diff network and it works for his so thats annoying

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kerrie bonnar,

From your comment on another post, you mentioned that you have the Samsung A12 and not the Samsung S10 but even so, the Samsung A12 is on our list so it should work. Have you got access to another private WiFi connection i.e at a friends or family members home where you can test if the WiFi calling works on another WiFi network? Please only go to test that for us if the Covid-19 guidelines in your area allow you to do so at this time.

Ryan

Hi Ryan. I will try that later. I will also do another complete reset of router and phone tonight. Failing that i guess a trip to carphone warehouse tomorrow!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That sounds like a plan @Kerrie bonnar.

Please keep us posted with how you get on.

Will

Hi

Update - well I went to my mums to try her WiFi. Still didn't kick in. Even resorted to factory reset of phone and still not working.  Last resort now is Carphone warehouse later today

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh dear, we’re sorry about this @Kerrie bonnar.

Hopefully our friends at Carphone Warehouse can get this sorted for you one way or another.

Will

Hi both @Will and @Ryan 

Turns out carphone wharehouse are as baffled as i was. They spend a good 45 mins trying to figure it out. So agreed irs a problem with phone itself so its now fingers crossed it can be fixed.

Thank you both

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Kerrie bonnar 

We do hope the issue can be resolved, please do let us know if there is anything further we can help you with.

I hope I was able to help you with your question.

If my answer resolved your issue, then please mark my answer as ‘Most Helpful’ using the button below the message with the answer. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?