Solved

Will an ID Moblie 5G sim only deal work in a 4G mobile phone?

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ mobile phone, which supports 4G.  I am interested in an ID Mobile pay monthly sim only deal (50GB of 5G data, unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 12 month contract, bill capping and data rollover, wi-fi calling etc for £12 per month).  However, the question I have is will this ID Mobile sim only 5G deal work in my 4G mobile phone?  I would expect that if the answer is yes then obviously I would not benefit from the 5G facility/service, due to my mobile phone not having 5G capabilities.  But from the research I have done, it is not clear whether this 5G sim only deal will still work in my 4G mobile phone?  It’s also not clear if I would lose any of the other parts of this deal due to using a 4G mobile phone?  Just looking for clarity please and so hoping you can confirm for me, as no point in me signing up for this deal if it’s not going to work in my phone or if not suitable.  Many Thanks, Martin.

icon

Best answer by Will 29 May 2021, 17:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ma12tin,

Yes the 5G SIM only plan would work in your 4G handset. You wouldn’t lose anything, you’d just have a 5G SIM plan ready to go for whenever you get yourself a 5G handset.

Hope this helps.

Will

Thanks Will.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help with my queries.

Kind Regards,

Martin 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Any time @ma12tin,

It’s what we’re here for. If ever you need anything else, please do get back in touch.

Will

Why iD Mobile?