Not a good way to treat a loyal customer

• 25 August 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Yesterday i used chat to talk to an agent, Ok im elderly but don't like to think iam.
I have been with ID for a good while and in fact persuaded my wife to move from Vodafone to ID.
I have never given my mobile number out apart from Dr's and Dentist but ive had more and more spam calls with spoofed numbers even waking me up during the night. I have to have a mobile because my wifes Dad is not well and we are on a call list.
I explained the situation and i actually got 4 calls while on chat, I have a call blocker but it still rings twice before blocking plus then i block the number. Because they use different numbers i just keep getting them.
My contract expired in 2018 so im free to move but wanted to stay and switch my number.
I was given 2 options, call the police and get a crime number, i am from a generation that respects the police have enough to do, so thats out, 2nd option was to pay £25 to change my number. I was annoyed at this because i was prepared to stay with ID.
Looks like i'll just have to move plus if i cancel i have to give 30 days notice or provide the new company with a STAC code.
I am a low user and only pay £3.99 per month so i'll just go for a PAYG probably from a company that i don't have to top up every month.
The final comment from the agent (i have a copy of the conversation) was do i want a pac code to keep my number. ERM NO thats why i called.

9 replies

Userlevel 1
After an agent contacted me saying they would really like to solve this issue i thought maybe i will stay with ID if it can be resolved, however after them trying to resolve it and repeating the first agent thats me now going, ive given 30 days notice and ordered a sim from 1p mobile, i only have to top up once every 4 months so looks ideal for a low user.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @g4jnw,

I'm really sorry to learn of the experience you had with us and that we weren't able to reach an agreeable resolution with you directly.
It's sad to see you go and I'm aware that it's too late to keep you, but if there's anything further you think we can do, please do let us know.

Whilst it may seem silly that the agent asked if you'd like to keep the number despite the issue being in relation to the spam calls, this would have only been asked to confirm that you were happy to lose the number as, once it's lost, we can't undo the change.

Please let us know if you need any further support.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1
Thanks i'll just leave but something happened this week that really concerns me.

I persuaded my wife to move to ID earlier this year as her Vodafone contract ran out and as she is a low user i felt that yours was the best deal.

Understand she has only given her number out to the NHS and her Sister, she has never had spam calls either with Vodafone or ID UNTIL the last few days and now is getting Spam calls.

Call me cynical but its seems odd.

I hope this does not go on or im sure she will take evidence to the ombudsman, I would hate to think anyone is leaking customers phone numbers.

I have advised her to start blocking calls which she has never had to do in the past.
To be honest the more reviews I read about the practises used by ID Mobile the more I regret ever signing up with them. Their customer services are appalling and they have a script which goes something like "Please message us with details and we'll get right on it". Its to make other people believe they are actually doing something about it when in reality they dont do sod all. The damage they do to ones credit score is appalling. Even when signing up for a sim only deal they do a hard search of your credit record lowering your credit score. Even applying for most credit cards now does not effect your score. Then when you leave they damage your credit score so be very very careful before opting for ID Mobile
Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @PeteCarthy

We'd do nothing to damage a customer's credit score after signing up for us unless the individual had consistently fallen behind on payments.

Any issues raised to our Customer Services, either by phone, web chat, social media, or email we would expect to see dealt with fairly and through to completion. So there should never be instances in which you or anyone is feeling like nothing was done.

Dear Kevin, You say Quote: "We'd do nothing to damage a customer's credit score after signing up for us unless the individual had "consistently" fallen behind on payments"!!!
This is a letter I have received recently from you, remember this is after numerous chats online and telephone calls to resolve the issue!

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your recent email.

I am sorry to hear your credit file has been affected by the outstanding balance on the account and for our Complaints Team not getting in contact with you as promised and our agent laughing at you when you called.

Your complaint with reference number: 148370253, has been updated with your expression of your dissatisfaction.

We had a look at your account and can confirm you called our Complaints Team on 10 September at 15:05, they have noted the account with your reasons for the complaint.

The Complaints Team has investigated the account and has found that a payment, which was due in July 2019, was only received in September 2019. The payment was 2 months late, which is why the credit file was updated as late.

We are required to report accurately on your payments and the account has been updated accurately and correctly as late. The late marks will affect your credit profile, however the account has not defaulted and thus will not have a long term affect on your credit profile. Your credit profile has been updated as settled and satisfied.

Please be advised the update of your credit file can take up to thirty days to be updated, after payments are received.

Based on the above feedback provided we would like to have your consent to have the complaint resolved.

So you see Kevin, remember I closed my contact with you in June. At this point I had been with ID Mobile for over 14 months and never, NEVER missed a payment although the service was way below par. I could hardly ever receive texts and when I sent them they were received days later if at all! Call reception was appalling in most rural areas. Which is why I hardly used the service, yet I paid for over 14 months without fail. Only when I left, did you damage my credit file and as admitted by yourself, not for a defaulted payment but for a payment that I do not believe I owed as the Account was closed via a phone call not online as stated by yourselves. I was told by your agent that I would be in credit by £1.34p and I told you to keep it and closed my account. Your method of communication with me was via my closed terminated mobile phone number?? At no point did you send me an Email telling me there was a balance on the account. The first thing I knew about the balance of a mere £3.56p was when a credit reference agency emailed me to tell me my score had gone down due to a missed payment to you lot. So I'm afraid your reply is false......you do damage peoples credit score for payments even when they've left even if its the only payment they have ever missed and for paltry amounts like £3.56p!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @PeteCarthy,

The community platform is used to troubleshoot and assist with general account related queries. This channel is not used for complaints management. I have spoken to the Team and have been advised that a final response has been provided to you. We're not able to assist you via this platform any further.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1

I can't call out 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Sally bold,

We’re sorry to hear that, does it still happen after turning the phone completely off and then back on again after a few minutes? Also, does this happen with every call that you make?

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?