Security issue with ID Mobile Chat staff

• 8 November 2018
  • 2 replies

I was on a chat in the ID Mobile account section today enquiring about cancelling my plan. I requested cancellation and was asked 2 security questions and was then redirected to a page to enter 2 characters from a password. At that point I clicked cancel and asked the Agent to hold off on the cancellation as I wanted to think about this. I have now checked my account a few minutes after this chat and the cancellation request has gone through.

Are customer services able to do this without my authorisation? I am quite shocked by this breach and now I don't want to stay, so requesting a reversal makes no sense. I can complain about this, but to what end?

Just want to make everyone aware of this. Clearly asking security questions from customers is useless as staff already have access to our accounts.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @prernakapoor,

This is concerning to hear and we'll require some information from you to investigate this further.

Please can you email us  with your Community Username, Full Name, Full Address, Mobile Number and Date of Birth?

We'll be back in contact very soon.

Thank you,
Ryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Thank you for the email @prernakapoor. We have investigated the Live Chat session that you had and we believe that no breach has occurred, but the advisor should have reversed the cancellation request after you had changed your mind.

An in depth breakdown can be found within the email that I have sent to you which I hope will explain everything in full.

Regards,
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?