Sticky F.A.Q.

How do I get started with iD?

• 16 March 2018
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Here you can find out all the important steps you have to check when you first start with iD Mobile.  

First, check out our quick video guide on getting started with iD. If you need any further information, you can find more detailed steps below this video: 

Steps to follow when you begin with iD Mobile

If you’re new to iD Mobile, this is the place to find out how to get the most out of your plan. We’ve got loads of helpful and informative community articles to help you get up and running. Here are the most popular ones: 

Register and download the app

You need to register your account straight away. This allows you manage everything from your laptop. Even better, you can then download our free iD Mobile app and control everything from your phone – anytime, anywhere. You can find out more information about registering here or read on for step-by-step guide.   
Here’s how you can register your iD Account online:  

1. Go to the iD Account area 

1. Click on the Register button and enter the following details: 

• Mobile number 

• Last name 

• Date of birth 

1. Click on Submit 

1. A security code will then be sent to your iD mobile in the form of a text message. You'll need to enter this code when asked on the next page 

1. You can then choose a username and password – make sure you keep these safe and don't share them with anyone 

1. That's it – you're all set up! 

Register using the App

Our App page will walk you through where you can download the app and how to register your account. 

Keep your number

Want to keep your old number? You can find out everything you need to know about keeping your number in our helpful article. Follow our easy steps to transfer it from your old network. 

If you want to keep your existing number when switching over to iD Mobile from another network, all you need is a PAC (Port Authorisation Code). 

1. Request a PAC 
    Using your old SIM, text PAC to 65075. Your PAC will then be sent to you by text. 

2. Give us your PAC 
    You can give us your PAC when you purchase your plan in-store. If you’ve already got your iD SIM and mobile number, enter your details here

3. We’ll take care of the rest 

Sit tight and we’ll move your number to your iD Mobile plan on the next working day. 

Find out more about your bill

Everything you could possibly want to know about how your bill works can be found in our in-depth guide to understanding your bill.  

Update your phone settings

If you didn’t get your phone from us, you might need to update your settings. We’ll show you how to sort out your phone and device settings and manual setting in our helpful Phone Settings article.   

Set up your voicemail

Setting up your voicemail will mean you never have to miss a message when you’re busy and can’t get to the phone. Our detailed guide on how to set up your voicemail will show you how to access it, how to change the pin and answer any other frequently asked questions.   

Check your coverage

Want to know how good your mobile coverage at home or at work? View it by location with our handy coverage checker.

What do I do if my account hasn’t been activated correctly?

Occasionally you might experience issues switching to iD Mobile, these can include: 

• Being unable to make or receive calls 

• Being unable to send or receive texts or iMessages 

• A split port (when you can make calls and send texts but not receive them) 

• Your PAC or STAC not working 

We run reports daily to identify any switching failures or issues, and we’ll contact you via text if you’re affected. 

If you’re experiencing problems and haven’t received a text from us, please wait two working days before contacting us. If the issue hasn’t been resolved within that time, please contact our Live Chat team. Our Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

43 replies

Userlevel 1
Hey iD. I have an O2 contract and I am paying a lot for it. I want to switch to iD Mobile. What's the best way off doing this? Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey iD. I have an O2 contract and I am paying a lot for it. I want to switch to iD Mobile. What's the best way off doing this? Thanks.

Hi sneaks04, welcome to our community and glad to hear you're thinking of joining the iD Family ☺️

The quickest way to do this is by calling our iD Sales Team on https://tel:+44800 049 0250.

Once you've got your contract, you can follow the steps above to keep your number and how to get started!

Mohammed

Why cant I transfer contacts to messenger and get the facbook on phone?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @Pippo 

You should be able to download Facebook Messenger on to your phone by installing through the Facebook app -or- through separately downloading the official Facebook Messenger app from either the Android store or the App store.

Once you’ve logged in to your Facebook account, all of your Facebook contacts list should be available there as it had been on any previous device.

Userlevel 1

Hi I’m new to I.d I received my new pays monthly sim two days ago was all working fine till I received a text saying We are sorry to see you go - in case you still want your number, your SIM is now active on Pay As You Go. Use the iD Mobile app or My Account online to view your account. I’ve not personally closed or cancelled anything so I’m confused now my calls text etc are not working and it’s saying I need to top up can anyone please help me 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @James95,

That’s very odd indeed.

I’ll send you a PM so we can look into this a little further as it’s the first I’ve heard of this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1
Userlevel 1

@Mohammed ive replied through private message 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @James95,

No worries, we’ll aim to reply as soon as we can. Please allow us some time between responses. You don’t need to send any chase messages as we’ll be replying to the oldest messages first and sending a new message will bump this to the newest causing a further delay in getting back to you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed  no problem just want this sorted as soon as possible worried I’m going to be charged my full bill on the 21/03/21 when I’ve used the sim for one day 

Hi!

I’m thinking of switching from my current network to iD Mobile. I was just at a Carphone Warehouse store to get an iD Pay As You Go SIM card but was told that it is only possible to get a contract…

Well, on the website I can clearly see it is possible to get the PAYG SIM by purchasing one of 5 value bundles (https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only).

However, is it possible to get to iD Mobile without purchasing any bundle but just an initial PAYG credit? And if so, will I be able to make calls as long as my credit last or will I need to top up regularly so that the SIM’s functionality and my credit does not expire?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Kage,

The only ones we have available are the ones you’ve seen on the website with bundles.

Will

Hi @Will, thank you for your response.

Ok, so initially I need to get one of the PAYG bundles if I want to use a PAYG SIM card.

I can read that a bundle lasts 1 month and that I can also top up my credit on the side. But what after my bundle expires and I do not get another one? Will I then be able to rely only on my top-up?

And does my credit (apart from bundle) have an expiry period? In the general Pay As You Go description I can read as follows:

(...) you're free to top up as little or as much as you want, whenever you want.

Hardly use your device? Just add £10 to your SIM every two months.

Does it mean that if I rely only on my credit, I need to top it up every 2 months, otherwise I won’t be able to make calls etc.?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kage,

Yes, a bundle on our website needs to be chosen in order to purchase a Pay As You Go SIM card. You can use any additional credit that you have added to your account that has not been used towards a bundle once your allowances have expired.

The 2 months mentioned is just an example of how infrequent you can top up as opposed to our SIM only contract plans and does not relate to any expiry of credit. I have included a section of the terms and conditions in relation to the expiry of credit:

12.4 Unless an additional Top-Up has been made, any unused Credit will expire after a period of 365 days from the date of purchase and unused allowances will expire as specified and this is non-refundable.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Ryan

Hi, @Ryan. Everything is clear now, thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries @Kage,

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will

I would like an update on my order request,  If the phone is going to take too long to arrive I need to know, either change the colour or cancel my order,  this is not looking good for your company. 117074994

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ahkeem04,

Have you checked your email including Junk and Spam folders for updates? 

Will

Yes , I am checking everyday, why is this so difficult, I don't care about the colour of the phone it can be any colour just send what's in stock.  Why is ID making things so complicated 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ahkeem04,

What have the emails mentioned about colour? What is it you’ve been updated with exactly?

Will

This is the email:

header-order.png

Dear Miss Alexander

We’re still processing your order (117074994).

Although the product you ordered is currently out of stock or on 'pre-order', we’re expecting it shortly, so it should be with you soon.

In the meantime we’re going to prepare your order by running your credit check and taking payment (but only if your order requires it).

Thank you for choosing iD, and please be assured that we’re working hard to supply your product as soon as we possibly can.

Regards,
The iD Team

How long does all this take , is what I need to know, usually you get your phone the next day
Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Ahkeem04, I’ve just dropped you a private message here on the Community.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory,

My name is [edit] order no. Is [edit]

I don't want to put my address detail on a public forum,  I can not reply to your private message,  please advise

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Ahkeem04, you should now be able to respond to the private message. Could you please try again for me?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi - I’m trying to join iD Mobile. I know there have been system issues the past few days. However, when I try to complete the PAC form it keeps responding with a message about details being incorrect. They’re not!

Attached screen grab illustrates. I’ve done this now for two days and still the same result.  I can’t get help anywhere about this as I don’t have an account yet

Edit - I’m also not getting any SMS security codes requested to enable me to register :(

Why iD Mobile?