Registering with iD Mobile

• 1 September 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Getting yourself set up and registered with iD Mobile requires a few simple steps, which you can learn about here.

What information do I need to register?

As well as an active iD Mobile connection, we’ll ask you for the following information:  

Your mobile number

You’ll need to use the mobile number that’s currently active on your SIM card.

If you’re in the process of transferring your old number over to iD Mobile and the transfer isn’t complete yet, use the ID number that has been provided to you instead. If you’ve already successfully transferred over your old number onto iD Mobile, all you have to do is use that number when registering. 

Alternatively, if you’re keeping the number we provided to you, use the mobile number that appears on your sales invoice or on the 'Welcome' email we sent you.

Name and DOB (Date Of Birth)

This is the last name and date of birth of the person that purchased the iD Mobile account. If the plan has been given to you by someone, you will need their details to register. 

Steps to register with iD Mobile

We’ve laid out step-by-step instructions to make your registration as easy as possible. Simply follow the steps below: 

1. Download the iD Mobile app or visit My Account online. 
  1. Select the Register tab. 
  1. Enter personal details:
  • Mobile Number (the number active on your SIM).
  • Account holder’s last name (the last name of the person that purchased the account).
  • Account holder’s year of birth (the year of birth of the person that purchased the account).
  • Click Submit
  1. Enter the security code:
  • We’ll send you an 8-digit security code via SMS. (This can take a few minutes to come through. If you don’t receive your code within a few minutes, then select resend code). 
  • Enter the 8-digit security code.
  • Click Submit
  1. Enter login details:
  • Enter a valid email address. (This email address will be used as your username to log in, so it’s important to use one that’s valid, and that you check often). 
  • Re-enter email address. 
  • Enter a password that you would like to use to log in. Your password must be a minimum of eight characters, with at least one capital letter, one number and one special character.

How do I log into My Account online?

Once you’re all set up and ready to go, you can use the same username and password to log into both My Account online and the iD Mobile app. The perk of the app is that we’ve also created other ways for you to log in, so it’s more convenient for you when on the move. 

To log in to My Account online, simply enter your username (this will be your email address), and the password that you just created. 

I’m having trouble registering my account

If you're having an issue registering your account on the iD Mobile App or My Account online, it could be due to a number of issues, as we explain below.

Using the wrong details

• Last name and date of birth – this needs to be the details of the person who purchased the plan. If someone else bought the plan for you, check with them to make sure you have their details correct.
  • Mobile number – if you opted not to transfer your old phone number to iD Mobile, you’ll need to ensure you’re using your new iD Mobile phone number. If you’ve just transferred over your old number to iD Mobile, the transfer may not have completed yet. The transfer will usually by done the next working day, depending on when you requested it. If you’re waiting longer than expected, you may be able to register using the number we gave you instead.

If your registration issues persist, it may be because we captured your details incorrectly when processing your purchase. It could be that we entered the date of birth wrong, or got the spelling of the name wrong. Please contact us and we’ll look into it for you. 

I didn’t receive my 8-digit security code

It can take a few minutes for your 8-digit security code to arrive via text message. If you don't receive the code after 4-5 minutes, you can request another one. 

If you’re still waiting for the code, ensure you’re in an area with reasonable network signal. Check that your iD SIM is inserted into your phone correctly and that your phone isn’t switched off (this may be the case if you’re registering online).

It doesn’t accept my email address

If you run into issues entering the email address you’ll use to log into your account, it could be because you have more than one iD plan. You won’t be able to register using the same email address as your existing account. You’ll need to use a different email address for each account. 

Once you've set up your login details, you can change your login preferences in

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?