Question

activate new sim problem

Trying to activate my new sim. All goes well until the ‘ I am not a robot ‘ part. Keeps saying incorrect verification. Been trying for hours with no luck. Any ideas anyone.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @MORPH1970 

Welcome to iD Community.

Are you trying to process this on the iD Mobile ‘App’ or ‘My Account’ online?

Have you tried this again today?

Let us know.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Hi Pearl,

Thanks for the reply. Yesterday I was trying to activate my sim BEFORE creating an account. I think that’s  why I was getting the’ I am not a robot bit’. However, today I created an account on iDMobile (not thru the app) then tried to activate my sim. I am now being told that the SIM card number I have entered is already active, but I still don’t have any service.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @MORPH1970 

Sorry to hear this.

Please contact Live Chat team are available for account related support.

They’re available between 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am- 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Unfortunately, were working on a reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as `available`. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Aklima

Thanks Aklima,

I have now had a text saying that my line is now activated and I am good to go. However, it turns out that where I live is one of the few UK areas that is an iD Mobile ‘no coverage’ area. I now know that I have no choice but to cancel my contract and move to a another network . Thank you community for your help anyway.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @MORPH1970 

Sorry to hear that you’re leaving us.

Please let us know , if there is anything else we can help with.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?