Solved

Address history check, european citizen

• 24 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Hello,
I am European citizen, I just moved to London in the beginning of December, and the form doesn't let me insert a foreign address for the address history (I can insert the address manually, but it just rejects the postcode).

I do have a residency here in London and a UK bank account.

Is there any solution for this problem?
icon

Best answer by Gregor 24 December 2018, 01:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Jean

Unfortunately, you won't be able to apply for a contract using online form if you do not have 3 years of confirmed residency (addresses) for credit check purposes.

You could try popping in to Carphone Warehouse store near by or call ID Mobile sales team at +44800 049 0250. They will have more options for you and can recommend best option for your situation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Jean,

You can look at PAYG options which won't require a credit check!

But as @Hikari mentioned, we'd need 3 years of UK address history for the credit check.

Sorry about that.

Mohammed

This is ridiculous. I have been living and working full time in the UK for more than 2 years, I have a Very Good credit score (Experian), and I cannot even buy a sim card plan which has a monthly rolling contract of £5.00 (wanted to switch from GiffGaff but apparently that won’t happen).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This is ridiculous. I have been living and working full time in the UK for more than 2 years, I have a Very Good credit score (Experian), and I cannot even buy a sim card plan which has a monthly rolling contract of £5.00 (wanted to switch from GiffGaff but apparently that won’t happen).

Hello @afrapp32,

I’m sorry you feel that way. You can purchase a PAYG plan and set-up a recurring bundle without any credit checks or needing the 3-year UK address history if you like? 

Check out: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?