Solved

Can a number port whilst you are abroad?

• 13 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi

Would there be a problem if I was in France with my iD sim & phone when the port occurs? I'm driving to France on Friday and will be there for a week. I want my old number asap but don't want to end up in France for a week with my old number stuck in the system somewhere...!

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 14 February 2019, 16:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @JC76,

I wouldn't believe there to be an issue with this.

Your number is being ported on our system/network side so whether you Roam or not shouldn't matter. The only thing that would, is that whilst your number is on the other network, then you'd be subject to the old networks Roaming conditions so be sure to have allowances for this. (that is if you were using the number on a different handset at the same time).

Once your number switches over to ours, then you'll just need to restart the handset. Roaming is inclusive in France so it's just like you are at home.

You'll need to ensure you have the correct settings for your handset though or it'll pose issues when trying to connect. You can read up on how to set-up your handset here: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/international-roaming-48/how-to-prepare-your-phone-for-a-trip-abroad-182

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?