Solved

Can I do a PAC number transfer to and from iD without using the sim card in my phone?

• 30 March 2020
  • 2 replies

I’ve just bought an iD PayG sim so that I can transfer my current EE number to my new EE contract (has to be done via another carrier) but then I found out that there is now nobody at customer services due to Covid-19 restrictions; will this stop me from transferring the number to and from iD? I don’t have a phone that can use the iD sim card although I could try and get an old one unlocked if required.

Basically I need to do the following steps without needing to ring customer services or using the sim card but it sounds like its not possible?

1. Use PAC to transfer my EE number to iD
  2. Once transferred request PAC from iD
  3. Transfer my number to my new EE contract
icon

Best answer by Gregor 30 March 2020, 23:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Lloyd71 

You are correct is suspicion that your iD Sim will need to be used in the phone. In order to transfer your number to iD Mobile you will need a PAC Code from EE and a laptop or other device that is connected to the internet. Then you will need to register your iD Mobile number on the idmobile.co.uk when you will be registering it then you will asked if you want to transfer your old number and asked to input the PAC Code into appropriate field. Your iD Sim will need to be inside the phone as you will receive SMS with the security code to confirm that you own that number. Without this security code you won't be able to progress any further. 

You can also transfer your number without registration by using this form and it should work without inserting your iD Sim but then to transfer back out you need it inserted to send the text requesting the PAC Code.

Either way there is a step that requires you to insert that Sim into the phone. 

I hope this explain it all for you. Let me know if you have any more questions. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Thanks Gregor, that answers my questions perfectly! I’ll get my current phone unlocked to do the transfer in that case :thumbsup:

Why iD Mobile?