Question

cant receive calls or texts

I just moved to ID mobile. My phone worked fine. Then I ported over my old number. Since then I can make calls and texts but i can't receive them. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy A10

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @JPG,

This doesn’t sound good! When did you port the number over to us? It can take up to 48-hours for services to be fully moved across so if it’s within that time, you would be best to wait until then and restart your device a few times in the meantime.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan.  

I gave my PAC on Saturday night. By Tuesday lunch I was able to make call and send texts, and they were showing as my old number ‐ ie port was successful. But ever since then,  I still haven't been able to receive calls or texts. If someone tries to call me the call goes to voicemail and they hear a message from Tesco Mobile (my former provider).

Strangely, I  found today that one person can actually send texts to me and they get through. The rest still can't though. I have been trying to find out what his provider is but he hasn't yet replied.

Thanks

I have checked,  and the one person who is able to text to this mobile is also on I'd mobile.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @JPG 

In your case, it seems like there could be a problem with the port that our Tech Team need to look into.

Could you reach out to our Social Media Teams either by Facebook or Twitter?  Failing that, email 

We’re limited in numbers currently due to the global pandemic, but we’ll get back to you and everyone else as quickly as we possibly can.]

Thanks

Hello I have a Samsung A10 phone, upgraded it on 26th or 27th of December 2019, it was working fine until the end of march 2020. I now only can text not make or receive calls it’s a lovely phone when it was working.

It is insured but that’s not the point I have tried 4 times to get in touch with carphonewarehouse they said they would get back to me in 2 days but they never did, very very disappointed.

thankyou Mary.

I can't receive calls

I have not been able to make or receive calls from end of march 2020.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @white @Poonam Rani @white 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’m sorry to see this post was not responded to.

Can you please confirm if you’re still facing the same issue?

Thanks,

Pearl

I have been unable to receive calls from certain numbers, these numbers aren’t blocked and are 07 numbers. Alongside this I haven’t been able to receive texts from them. I was wondering if there is a block issue on IDs behalf as I’ve checked all my settings on my iPhone 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Georgia_ellie13 

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to look into your account and assist you.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Aklima 

Hi @JPG,

This doesn’t sound good! When did you port the number over to us? It can take up to 48-hours for services to be fully moved across so if it’s within that time, you would be best to wait until then and restart your device a few times in the meantime.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hey Ryan, the same exact thing is happening to me! I need help.

Was this message for me can’t tell 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rebeccafaroberts,

We’ve not yet replied to you in this topic.

Are you still facing issues or has the number ported since?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?