Creating ID account from New Zealand

• 13 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello my name is Tom
I will be arriving in Edinburgh, UK on the 8th of October and was wondering if I could pre-set up a sim and phone number from here in New Zealand? So it's ready when I arrive?
Thanks Tom

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hello @tomz323

Unfortunately you won't be able to register your account with your iD Mobile number until you physically have an iD Sim card inserted in your phone. This is because upon registration iD Mobile is sending security code that you will need to type into one of the fields. To recieve such code, sim card need to be insterted in your mobile.

You don't need to worry thought, about activating your new iD Sim. All new sims are arriving to you pre-activated. You just need to register an account to control your spendings and check on your remaining allowances.

Bare in mind that most of UK providers will require 2-3 years proven residency like registered address which is needed for credit checks that are perfomred upon ordering Sim on contract. If you won't have address in UK long enough, I would recommend you looking at Pay as you go Sim offers as it will be much easier for you to start. I am from Poland myself and I was on the same boat when I first came to UK. My first couple of year was PAYG sim.

Kind Regards
Thanks for the reply, is it possible to get a pay as you go sim ordered online and shipped to a hostel? I just need the cheap 5 pound a month pay as you go sim.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @tomz323

I think it would be much easier if you just pop into nearest Carphone Warehouse to get your Sim as I am not sure if iD Mobile will accept hostel address for shipping, when you get your sim through Carphone, you can start using it right away.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @tomz323,

Further to what @Hikari has said, we would advise making your purchase from a Carphone Warehouse store once you reach the UK, as often, foreign payment cards won't work when ordering online.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?