Question

Dispatch of SIM

• 30 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I ordered a sim for a new account on the 24th, but have not yet received the dispatch notice to say anything is on its way.

I have confirmation of the account being set up, the number I have been allocated and notification of my first bill, but no sim has arrived and I have not received a dispatch notice.

I understand with the current situation there may be some issues, so could you cofmrim the following for me.

1.  Would the Sim have been dispatched already?
  2. if not, are you dispatching sim cards at present?
  3. If not, can you confirm that I will not actually be billed until the sim is dispatched.

Many thanks

Toby

2 replies

UPDATE:

I received the SIM this morning, so anyone else waiting it looks like they are coming out.  I didn’t get any notifications so I would guess that piece is affected by the team not being able to be in, but the SIM arrived successfully.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @tobydavidson 

Sorry for the delays you met with on waiting for your SIM.

When it’s just a SIM, we tend to send them via Royal Mail.  Who themselves have been somewhat diminished due to staff shortages due to COVID-19.  So that could very well be the source of some of your delay there.

Is everything working fine now you have it?  Be sure to register the SIM and download the iD Mobile App which can help you with the vast majority of things you’d want to possibly change or get help with.

Why iD Mobile?