Solved

finding my phone number

• 6 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
I bought a sim card to use in a device that is not a phone. How can I find out what the telephone number is without putting the sim into a phone? I need to know the telephone number to set up an account in order to pick up my VAT invoices. I have the card that the sim came attached to but it has a serial number and not a phone number on it. Can anyone advise on how I might find out what the number is without removing the sim from the device it is now working in? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Just seen a similar question which suggests that Live Chat is the only way to set up an account. Live Chat has been unavailable every time I have tried to use it today. I guess I will have to keep trying!
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 6 November 2018, 19:56

View original

6 replies

Badge +10
Settings > About Device> Status > Sim 1 status > My phone number

will vary depending on the device but usually in the same place Settings > About Device>
or on apple devices Settings > General > About

if not keep trying livechat
Userlevel 1
Thank you for taking the time to reply. The sim is in a Raspberry Pi so that won't be possible. I'll keep trying Live Chat.
Badge +10
Yeah tricky that one, I had a Pi once... upgraded to an android box

There should have been some paperwork that came with your sim that would have had your telephone number on. However not everyone keeps that sort of stuff.
Userlevel 1
I did keep the paperwork but couldn't see a number on it anywhere. I've just managed to get through to Live Chat though. Problem is, it won't let me use the service unless I provide my mobile number! What do I do now??!
Userlevel 1
OK, so I put in my non id mobile number, which it accepted, and their agent was able to provide me with my id mobile number and also the security code that I needed in order to set up my account, so everything is all sorted now! Excellent. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Great to hear that @Davis

When contacting any of our Customer Service Teams, we would just need to confirm 4 unique identifying things with you or your account in order to be satisfied we're talking directly to the account holder.

If you had provided us with a different mobile number as an alternate means of contact for you at some stage then it'll likely have been on file and perfectly fine for us to accept as one of those security questions.

Have a great day!

Why iD Mobile?