Solved

Help with voicemail

• 17 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
I have an I phone XR and receive voicemails. When I access them I hear the phone number of the caller. How can I link to my contacts so that I know WHO has called by name rather than by number?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 18 January 2019, 17:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Carole,

Voicemail is just the ability to leave a voicemail when you're unable to attend to the phone.

Some networks/phones support an addition to this feature referred to "Visual Voicemail" which is not offered by our network.

The link above will provide support on Visual Voicemail, which is the feature you're referring to.

You still need voicemail for this, but it allows you to see the voicemail messages left by each contact and choose which one you want to listen to.

As we do not support this, you can only listen to voicemail over the phone by calling voicemail.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Is there an alternative type of voicemail.? I am interested in all the options available if you can help please. I have spent time looking but maybe I am not using the correct terminology to find what I am looking for.
Hi @Carole,

Ah I see. Are you referring to the Visual Voicemail feature (here) if so, then we do not support this feature at this time I'm afraid!

Ryan
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Carole,

Ah I see. Are you referring to the Visual Voicemail feature (here) if so, then we do not support this feature at this time I'm afraid!

Ryan
Userlevel 1
I thought so, as I cannot find any information on it. Is there a way to know who is calling. When I was with EE and previously 02 a list displayed with names which meant you could choose who you wanted to listen to first. I can’t remember everyone’s numbers. This service would be welcomed and had I realised it was not available I would have chosen to be with a different provider.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Carole,

As far as I know, there is no way you can set the voicemail service to speak the name of the contact as the service only identifies the number that has left you the message.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?