Solved

How can I change the voicemail name NOT the 'personal message'?

• 4 February 2020
  • 3 replies

My grandmother has accidentally set the wrong name on her voicemail so that when she leaves one on someone else's phone it says 'Voicemail from {wrong name}' with the wrong name in her voice. How can I change this? I'm not referring to the 'personal message', just the feature which records the phone owner saying their own name. 

icon

Best answer by Ryan 5 February 2020, 14:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @emfletch,

No worries. On the Android phone, can you head to the call/phone app and then press on the Menu button and then go to Settings, see if there is a Voicemail option? If the feature is available, it should inside that section.

Ryan

Thanks your reply! The 123 menu doesn't offer the option to change the name. She has a Huawei P Smart, I had a quick search to see if it was the device but couldn't find anything for that either. I appreciate any further advice you can provide. Thanks again! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @emfletch,

If she calls 123 and follows the voicemail menus and the option cannot be found, then this feature may be one offered by the handset rather than our network. Which phone is she using? We’ll see if there are some steps we can try to get this sorted. :slight_smile:

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?