Question

How to configure my phone

• 18 July 2018
  • 5 replies

My phone is causing big problems. We changed from talktalk to iD 2weeks before t he e nd of our contract, as we wanted to keep our phones and wanted a sims only pay as you go. Suddenly, on Saturday, bot h phones started to go wrong. Texts weren’t sent..they remained in sending mode for days. Texts were received later.. I got one today that was sent on Sunday. And the battery lasts 8 hours maximum. What have we done erong

5 replies

My phone is causing big problems. We changed from talktalk to iD 2weeks before t he e nd of our contract, as we wanted to keep our phones and wanted a sims only pay as you go. Suddenly, on Saturday, bot h phones started to go wrong. Texts weren’t sent..they remained in sending mode for days. Texts were received later.. I got one today (Wednesday); that was sent on Sunday, phoning takes ages. And the battery lasts 8 hours maximum without the phone being used for anything. What have we done wrong? And what do I have to do ? (Husbands phone miraculously seems to have worked)
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @ChrisH,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this.
To confirm, you had the phones already and purchased SIM-only plans from us?

Have you recently ported your number over?

Mohammed

EDIT: I've moved your topic to the section Ask a question as it's not yet evidently clear whether the handsets are the issue or the coverage.
Both my husband and I have Huawei phones, bought at different times, and were on a contract, which was coming to an end. Car phone warehouse wanted us to start a new contract, but, as we were happy with the phones, and liked the pay deal iD offered, we went for the sims only deal. Initially all was well, but suddenly on Saturday 14th July they started to develop faults. First trying to dial, or use the screen took minutes rather than seconds. Texts remained in “sending” mode, and texts weren’t received. When they did, it was with a delay of several days.. not good when it involved child care. My husband took both phones to carphone warehouse, whose attitude was- the phones aren’t any good ,get new ones. He then has tried to get in touch with customer support, who have sent messages, but the phones still aren’t working properly. In addition the batteries are running out at an alarming rate. Help
What is supposed to be happening? You haven’t answered my query, or helped in any way. This is the worst service I have ever experienced. How do I get out? And do not expect any good reviews. I have not been able to send or receive texts, phone calls have been delayed, and battery usage has been ridiculous. Your service is c**p. And that’s being polite.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @ChrisH,

We're sorry to hear you're having issues with the handsets as well as the coverage in your area.

Please note, we are not an instant messaging service and whilst we aim to reply to every message as quickly as possible, it can take up to 72-hours for a response. We'd expect a delay to messages due to the weekends.

Please refrain from spamming multiple messages on different topics of the forums. I have moved posts into this topic and deleted several spam comments.

For any issues you are experiencing with the handsets such as the rapid battery drain, you would need to bring this up with the retailer/manufacturer this was purchased from. We would not have a direct influence on your handsets to cause them to develop faults. This is out of iD Mobile's control.

We can only provide general trouble shooting from this platform as we do not have access to your account. I have replied to you via PM, if you can confirm your home postcode where you are having these issues, I will advise further on this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?