Solved

Huawei P20 not receiving iPhone texts

• 28 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
I received a Huawei P20 a few days ago and have noticed that I am not receiving any text SMS messages from iPhones. I have recently switched from an iPhone SE also on ID mobile, and kept the same phone number.

Initially I received some messages (sent from iPhones) on my old iPhone, even though it has been disconnected. I turned iMessage off on my old phone and now I am still not receiving any iPhone texts on my new Huawei P20. Text messages from Android and Symbian based phones come through as normal, meaning the problem is only with iPhones.

I have been through every conceivable setting on my new phone and I have not been able to fix this problem, or work out what is wrong.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and what the solution might be?

Thanks,
Oliver
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 28 November 2018, 19:21

View original

2 replies

Badge +10
The problem lies with the iMessages service and not your new phone!
It does take a while to de register your number from the service.

However you may need to turn off face time and remove your number from the icloud too.

The issue can also lie with other iPhone users still using iMessages to send you messages which android is not compatible with. So a simple neat trick is to ask your iPhone friends to remove your contact and number and then add it back.
Then when they send you a text make sure they do not use the iMessage service and send you a normal text message instead.
Userlevel 1
Hi terrywebbs, thank you so much, that has appeared to fix my problem as texts are coming through normaly now.

Why iD Mobile?