Solved

I have been without my phone number for hours following a port, is this normal?

• 12 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I am in the process of porting my number to iD from Three. My number disappeared from my Three sim over 4 hours ago, but has not come through to my iD sim yet. I can’t receive any texts to my phone number (e.g. notifications, banking and other two-factor authentication). How long will this last, is it normal for it to be hours? I’m sure last time I ported my number (a long time ago I grant) it only took a few minutes.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 18 June 2020, 10:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @strings11 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Please contact our Live Chat team who can check your account and see if your number has been transferred over to iD Mobile.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

My number has now transferred, but it took about 5 hours to do so. When I tried live chat they said it could take up to 48 hours, which left me a bit panicked to be honest!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @strings11,

Ports can take up to 48-hours, however, the actual migration part a lot less.

When the number is being migrated, you may experience loss of services.

A quick restart (once the port has completed) should fix any common issues.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?