Solved

I need my new number to keep my existing number

• 7 April 2020
  • 6 replies

I placed an order online and the email I got said I could switch my existing number over now, but when I try, I am asked for my new number.

It says this should be on my Carphone warehouse receipt, but I ordered directly from the ID website and all I got was an order reference. I don't think I even have an account to log in to.

How do I find my new number so I can port my existing number please?

icon

Best answer by Gregor 7 April 2020, 19:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

hey @Brag0001 

You will need to wait for your iD Mobile Sim Card to arrive to you first. You will have all the details that are required there. Did you receive an email to say that your Sim was dispatched? iD Mobile and Carphone Warehouse are sister companies so you will find a receipt from Carphone as well in your paperwork at will arrive to you. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Thank you, it's annoying when they said I could do it now and I can't.

They haven't taken the payment out of my account yet, it still says pending in my banking app, so I'm not surprised I don't have a receipt yet.

The phone arrives tomorrow so I hope it comes through soon, still haven't had anything to say a SIM has been dispatched.

Thank you for your advice, at least I know it's not something I've done wrong!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Brag0001 

If you phone arrives tomorrow you will receive your Sim Card with it as well. I am glad I could clarify this for you. Enjoy your new handset tomorrow. :-) 

Hi, 

I am trying to find my new ID mobile number in order to keep my existing number and I have received my new sim card, where can the new number be found?

Thanks 

Userlevel 1

I ordered my SIM online and on the Carphone Warehouse receipt (A5 piece of paper) the number assigned to the SIM was on there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @AnnShao,

Have you been able to use @ps2mint’s advice to find the number? 

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?