Solved

Issue moving number to ID Mobile - PAC, online switching form

• 31 March 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m in the process of moving from one service provider to ID Mobile.

I want to keep my number, and so have obtained a PAC code from my old service provider.

I have a new sim card from ID Mobile, which I have put into my phone. So far so good.

The problems start after I fill out the below online form, to complete the number switch:   

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/?_ga=2.141342772.701575447.1584530569-408066203.1584530569

I have tried submitting the form twice now, with all the info correct as I have it (old phone number, ID Mobile phone number, transaction number, surname), and both times I receive a text message some time after from ID Mobile, reporting some error with the details that were input, and to contact their customer service team. 

Obviously, that team is not working right now, and can’t be contacted, and so at this financially difficult time I am paying for two sims (old service provider and ID Mobile), and have a PAC code that will expire.

Any assistance would be really appreciated - thank you.

icon

Best answer by Gregor 31 March 2020, 21:50

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @ghv 

Would you be willing to try registering you online account with iD Mobile? You can find registration page over here. When you register your account you will be able to try to port your number without using the form and see if that option is working. 

Screenshot below show how the form will look when porting number on the online account. 

Let me know if you willing to try it and if it worked for you if you did try. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Userlevel 1

Hi @Gregor 

Thanks for your reply and the great suggestion. I’ve now set up an account and tried that method, but received an error message - that apparently one of the numbers was incorrect (but it’s my phone number and the exact PAC code I’ve been given; there shouldn’t be any problem there). 

Then, however, after several minutes, I logged back into that account to try again, and can no longer see that PAC code form. Instead, within My Services I see the below:

So ‘Porting in status’ sounds positive, but I’ve not received any text confirmation or any other sort of notification that things are now progressing properly, and after that initial error message I am hesitant to conclude that things are fixed… But I will keep an eye on it with fingers crossed! It may be that my case has somehow progressed, even though the online form and the account option both threw up error messages. 

Thanks again for your suggestion, I will post any update - be that if the number does successfully transfer in 2-3 working days or if the problem persists.

Best,

ghv 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @ghv 

Yeah let us know how the things are. Since you got your port status updated it might be all good. If there will be any errors in the meantime then you should receive message or email from iD Mobile. 

Keep us updated in a few days.

I am glad I could help you at least a little bit

Gregor

Hi ghv,

I’ve had exactly the same problem with the same message sent to me about an error.

Can you let me know how you got on in the end? I too filled in the online form and then tried to complete my switch via my online account, so am waiting to see if my second attempt has worked.

Deb

Userlevel 1

Hi Deb @Bubblegum1976 

Sorry for the delay in following up from my original posts - yes things did sort themselves out for me; my number did transfer over in the 2-3 days as stated in the Services area of my online account, with that ‘Porting in status’ information.

Hope you also have success after following the same steps.

Thanks again to Gregor for the original suggestion that fixed the issue for me.

Best,

ghv  

Great, thanks for the reply. I have the same ‘status’ message via my online account, so fingers crossed my number will port after the bank holiday. 😅

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Bubblegum1976 

I’m sorry to see this post was not responded to.

Can you clarify if the issues are now resolved or if you still need assistance?

Thanks,

Pearl

Hi I’m trying to transfer my number from one id contract to another new Id contract - how can I do this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @EClubbers 

Welcome to iD Community.

Unfortunately, that’s no possible.

We can’t transfer your number from iD to the same network .A number can only be transferred from another network into iD mobile or vice versa.

I trust this answers your query.

Thanks

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?