Solved

Keeping number from a previous ID Mobile SIM

• 25 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I'm just purchased a received a new ID mobile SIM and am looking to keep my same number which is also an ID mobile SIM. However, the account is registered in my parent's name (billing and app login details are mine). 

Can't seem to use the PAC code method as this can only be done when switching networks. 

I would appreciate any help. 

Thanks 😊 

icon

Best answer by Ryan 26 July 2020, 17:34

View original

5 replies

Hi @DBegley,

Unfortunately there is currently no way of doing that on our system and because the old plan is in someone elses name, upgrading would mean it remains in their name.

The only workaround for doing something like this would be to ask the account holder to move the old iD Mobile number to another network, and then to port it onto the new plan.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Hey Ryan, I have a similar problem however the old plan was in my name so I am wondering if it would be possible to keep my number with the new sim only deal.  (The original plan was also sim only).

Kind regards,

Rachel

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DBegley,

Unfortunately there is currently no way of doing that on our system and because the old plan is in someone elses name, upgrading would mean it remains in their name.

The only workaround for doing something like this would be to ask the account holder to move the old iD Mobile number to another network, and then to port it onto the new plan.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Thank you Ryan, 

Is there a limit to the amount of times I can port within a time period. Would it be possible to do you suggested work around within the same day or within a few days? 

Many thanks, 

Dan

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DBegley,

There are no porting limits as once you port away from us, that plan will come to an end. It also takes around 2 working days each way for the port so there will be a short period of disruption if you and the account holder did decide to use that method.

Ryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Xrachxo ,

Same applies sorry. You’d have to port the old number out to another network and then port it back into your new line.

Will

Why iD Mobile?