Solved

Mobile number transfer

• 10 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Hi, we've transferred my daughters number successfully, but, she can't call or text me when she's not home. And when I call her I have to call on her (old number) which was transferred, but I have to text on her id number.. Can u tell me why this is happening please? The whole point is obviously her having a phone to contact me when not home. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 16 September 2020, 13:02

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Char38,

Can I ask what type of handset the SIM card is being used in please?

If it’s an iPhone, please ask your daughter to check that the number in “My Number” setting is the old one that was brought across. If it isn’t, changing it should resolve the issue.

Please let us know how you get on.

Will

Hi there, it's a Samsung a20e... I checked that it is on the list of compatible phones. I'll try checking the number is correct. Thank you :) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @Char38 

Just checking in, how have things been since the other day?  Are things working ok?

If not let us know and we’ll take a deeper dive with this if needed.

Hi there, no it's still not working. Her number that was transferred is set in her own number section on her phone. Please could you look into this as it is rather frustrating. Thank you.

Regards 

Charlene

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Char38,

Sounds like this may be a partial port.

We’ll send a PM now so we can look into this.

Mohammed

Okay so what do I have to do? My daughter has her phone with her at school, so can u do whatever needs doing after 4pm...if I need to be on the phone to change anything. Payment has already come out, so if It can be fixed that be great. If not I'll have to change to a different network. Thank you :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Char38,

If you check your PMs and respond there, we can look into any issue further.

Mohammed

I have no msg? The app is useless... I'm getting a bit frustrated with all of this tbh. Can this be solved please? Can I call someone? 

If anyone gets this msg, can you end my contract please! ID mobile has been absolutely useless! I will be stopping payments. I can't get through to anyone on the phone, my daughter has a phone she cant use properly, I'm struggling to sort it out. Tbh too much hassle and stress. Would definitely NOT recommend ID mobile! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Char38, the PM is on the Community not the app.

I can confirm this was sent 3 days ago.

You can access this here: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?