Question

monthly contract to sim only

• 7 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Monthly contract near end, purchases sim only through ID site but NOT through upgrades. Sim has been sent and received. As I havent done this through the upgrades do I have to cancel monthly contract? Do I need PAC to keep same number? Will I get charged for both congtracts?

Many thanks for your attention to this.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @pagode 

If you have purchased another SIM you will be charges for this. 

You cannot transfer an iD number to another iD number.

I hope this helps. 

If you have any further questions please let us know. 

Aklima 

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

Sorry may not have explained myself properly but want to go on to SIM only from contract monthly and want to keep my phone number. Will I need a PAC code or will I just need to put the SIM card into my phone (which is already signed up to ID) and all will work. I dont really want to lose my number as have had it for many a year.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @pagode 

To change your Contract to Sim Only deal and keep your number you would need to upgrade your contract in the last 60 days of your current contract. When you login to your App or Account and go to "My Account " you will be able to see there a link "Check if you can upgrade" it will tell you if you are eligible or when you will be. When you are on the deals page sort it by "cheapest first " and Sim Only deals will appear at the top. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Hi Gregor,

Sorry but am a bit thick on these sort of things. I have the new sim but am a bit reluctant to just take out the old one and replace it with the sim only sim as a) not sure if that is the right thing to do as dont want to lose the existing number that I have had for years and if I do, do I need to do anything in order to have my number on the new sim only sim and b) if all goes according to plan do I then cancel my monthly contract? The card does say that I can keep existing number but doesn’t tell you how to do it. Hopefully someone can help

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @pagode 

If you already have an iD SIM you will not need a PAC code if you wish to stay with us. 

A PAC is only needed when you wish to change network providers. 

You will required to do a plan change when this becomes available to you. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards 

Aklima 

Why iD Mobile?