Question

My phone won't charge

• 3 April 2020
  • 7 replies

My phone has gradually been recognising the charger being plugged into it less and less and now it won’t charge at all when I plug it in. Am I able to get the phone repaired as this seems to be a phone fault rather than accidental damage etc.? As we are in the midst of coronavirus lockdown, would I need to send the phone off to be repaired?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @KLegate 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Have you tried a different charger, maybe the charger might be faulty.

Let me know if that doesn’t work.

Regards,

Pav

Yes, I have tried multiple chargers which all work perfectly in other phones and they don’t work in mine.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Sorry to hear that.

I have sent you a direct message with some further information. 

Regards,

Pav

Hi there, I also have this problem and cannot contact ID as the call centres are closed what do I do as my phone will now not charge at all? 

Thanks 

Kris 

Hi Kris,

They told me to just contact the manufacturer directly to find out what repair options are available at this time.

My mums phone also has this problem we bought multiple wires and plugs but non of them worked unless in a certain position. It gradually just got worse and now her phone won’t turn on at all so she can’t get in touch with anyone and is without a phone as everywhere is shut. I doubt it’s due to damage as she’s never dropped it or anything and it has always worn a case. Can she just upgrade the phone because she’s due for an upgrade anyway?. She also has no way to contact ID mobile to tell them it’s broke so she won’t be paying the bill for a phone that she’s not used due to it not working at all anymore.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Shania102 

You can view available upgrade deals by checking whether you are eligible to upgrade in the iD App or My Account.

1.Select my account from the main menu, which is located at the top left of the screen for app users, or on the left-hand side if you’re in My Account).

2. If you are eligible to upgrade, you will see the upgrade now option. You can select that option to view and purchase current upgrade deals available to you.

3.  If you are not eligible to upgrade, you can select the 'Check if I can upgrade' option within the manage my plan section. You will then be shown the reason you are not currently eligible.

Hope this helps. 

If you need addtional help please respond. 

Regards

Aklima

Why iD Mobile?