Solved

Network Locked Issues

• 3 December 2018
  • 5 replies

I have a samsung galaxy s6 edge that is locked to the voafone network so that i cannot use my ID mobile sim card.
When i first put the sim in, the idiot that i am, i guessed the code wrong 3 times, its now saying "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK". I went to you (ID) and asked for a PUK code and the one they gave me didnt work, i then went to vodafone and asked for a nuc as an employee said that it would work using a nuc, once i got the nuc from vodafone i tried it and it didnt work. I only have 7 more attempts before my sim is completely locked up DO NOT WASTE MY TIME, what do i need to do?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 5 December 2018, 17:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Hello George,

I hope this answers your question -

There is a difference between PUK, PAC and NUC.

NUC (Network Unlock Code) is to Unlock the phone so you can use other Network SIM in your mobile.

PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) is a code consisting of 3 letters and 6 numbers, which is generated by your current network

PUK (Personal Unlock Code) is to Unlock the SIM which locks up if you enter incorrect pin 3 times.

If your phone is asking for PUK Code, then you need to call ID whose SIM you are trying to use. They will give you the PUK to unlock your SIM.

Vodafone will not have that. The PUK code that Vodafone will provide will be for the Vodafone SIM.

Only once you have the code enter it into the phone.

I hope this helps,

Ian
I've now been told an unlatching code from Vodafone will fix it? Someone confirm this please.
Userlevel 2
Hello George,

Sorry your having problems, I would get the Network Unlock Code from Vodafone, with the ID mobile SIM inserted turn the phone on once it goes through the menu you will need to enter the code Vodafone gave you. When you enter this this will either say network unlock successful or code accepted then continue to the main menu.

If the code is rejected do not enter any other codes but go back to Vodafone and explain that you have the error.

Once the phone is unlocked it should work with all SIM cards and as such you should be able to use ID Mobile with the phone. Once connected you should receive a message from ID.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards
Ian
I've contacted Vodafone and they have got a technician team to do it for me and they'll email me instructions on what to do should this fix it?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @GeorgeS6E,

This sounds as though the phone was network locked, so Vodafone should have this resolved for you shortly. We usually take 72 hours to unlock a phone when requested so we hope that they are as quick as we are.

Keep us updated. :)

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?