Solved

New PAYG SIM but no Details on How to Register

• 12 August 2020
  • 7 replies

I’ve recently purchased a new, PAYG SIM from ID-Mobile. I’ve inserted it into 3 different phone handsets, all of which are compatible with ID SIMs and on each phone I receive the error message ‘Not Registered on Network’. Since I didn’t receive any details on how to register the SIM, I’ve tried to follow the ‘Activate SIM’ webpage.

When I get to the ‘send code’ to phone or email portion of the website, I can only select the phone to receive this code. Since the phone isn’t connected to the network, and I can’t select email as an option, I can’t proceed any further.

I’m currently self-isolating due to coronavirus and urgently need to get this phone working. I’ve tried to access the Live Chat function but the page has no link to use the service.

icon

Best answer by Will 14 August 2020, 19:02

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @YannTann 

The phones you’re trying to use the iD Mobile SIM with aren’t potentially locked to only work with a specific network are they?

A Pay As You Go SIM should arrive ready for you to use from the get go.  Are you unable to call 7777 from any of the phones you’ve tried the SIM in?

Hi Kevin,

I’ve used 3 different sims between those phones before so they aren’t locked. I’ve just tried calling 7777 on the phones and none of them are working.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @YannTann,

If you could kindly click here, you’ll be taken to a page that will explain how to go about activating your SIM card.

Please let us know how you get on.

Will

Hi Will,

I’ve tried everything on both links. I can’t seem to get a code when I enter my details trying to register an account.  I tried switching the SIM between all the phones, turning flight mode on/off to no avail.

Is there a way to request a refund of the SIM?

Rory

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @YannTann,

Are you advising you want to cancel your deal all together? If so, let us know and we’ll send you a Private Message to assist.

Will

Hi Will,

Unfortunately after 5 days of trying I still can’t get the SIM to register. I keep attempting to send the registration code through to the phone and nothing arrives. If there are no other measures to take that aren’t mentioned on the link, I would like to cancel the deal, thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @YannTann, how much had you paid towards them and what deal was it they were on?

Will

Why iD Mobile?