Solved

New SIM for brand new Moto 6

• 2 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I have bought a brand new Moto 6 and it requires a nano SIM. My old phone (original Moto) has a micro SIM. I ordered a SIM-only deal and the DD has been set up. My order no is 106292898 and was placed on Friday 30 Aug. I assumed a new SIM would arrive in the post today. Do I need to order the SIM separately? I looked round idmobile.co.uk but couldn't find any information on providing a SIM card.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 3 September 2019, 16:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @RichardC,

Our SIM's are 3-in-1. You can pop out the smaller size as required.
Here's a graphic showing how this works:

9074727c-b563-46e2-8514-284afa7b851c.png

You mentioned that you bought a new Moto 6 SIM-Free from somewhere and ordered the SIM card from us? If you ordered the SIM card from us, it should be delivered in 2-3 days. Once it arrives, you can pop out the required size as needed.

If you don't receive anything by tomorrows post, please email us on 
We'll be able to issue a replacement. Sometimes, the SIMs can be delayed by a day or so.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1
Thanks for your reply and your instructions Mohammed.

It's not clear to me whether a SIM card is included in the deal when I purchase a SIM-only deal. So when you say "If you ordered the SIM card from us ..." I'm not sure that I did. However, I couldn't find any other means of ordering a SIM card so I assumed the physical card was in fact part of the deal. The order confirmation email lists a single line item as "iD Pay Monthly SIM, £7 p/m - 1 month contract, Quantity 1." If the SIM was included I would have expected there to be an additional line item on the order. If a new SIM is included with all SIM-only deals, this should have been stated on the order to avoid possible confusion.

As soon as I get a SIM card for the Moto 6 I plan to transfer the phone number from the old phone using the PAC code.

As you request, I'll email you if it does not arrive in tomorrow's post.

Richard
Userlevel 1
The 3-in-1 SIM arrived today and I have submitted a PAC.
Thanks for your help @Mohammed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
The 3-in-1 SIM arrived today and I have submitted a PAC.
Thanks for your help @Mohammed.

Awesome @RichardC,

Glad to hear that one arrived.

In reference to the above, any order you place on our website for a new contract should have a SIM sent with it by default.

But glad it's all sorted.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?