Sticky F.A.Q.

How do I get started with iD?

• 16 March 2018
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Here you can find out all the important steps you have to check when you first start with iD Mobile.  

First, check out our quick video guide on getting started with iD. If you need any further information, you can find more detailed steps below this video: 

Steps to follow when you begin with iD Mobile

If you’re new to iD Mobile, this is the place to find out how to get the most out of your plan. We’ve got loads of helpful and informative community articles to help you get up and running. Here are the most popular ones: 

Register and download the app

You need to register your account straight away. This allows you manage everything from your laptop. Even better, you can then download our free iD Mobile app and control everything from your phone – anytime, anywhere. You can find out more information about registering here or read on for step-by-step guide.   
Here’s how you can register your iD Account online:  

1. Go to the iD Account area 

1. Click on the Register button and enter the following details: 

• Mobile number 

• Last name 

• Date of birth 

1. Click on Submit 

1. A security code will then be sent to your iD mobile in the form of a text message. You'll need to enter this code when asked on the next page 

1. You can then choose a username and password – make sure you keep these safe and don't share them with anyone 

1. That's it – you're all set up! 

Register using the App

Our App page will walk you through where you can download the app and how to register your account. 

Keep your number

Want to keep your old number? You can find out everything you need to know about keeping your number in our helpful article. Follow our easy steps to transfer it from your old network. 

If you want to keep your existing number when switching over to iD Mobile from another network, all you need is a PAC (Port Authorisation Code). 

1. Request a PAC 
    Using your old SIM, text PAC to 65075. Your PAC will then be sent to you by text. 

2. Give us your PAC 
    You can give us your PAC when you purchase your plan in-store. If you’ve already got your iD SIM and mobile number, enter your details here

3. We’ll take care of the rest 

Sit tight and we’ll move your number to your iD Mobile plan on the next working day. 

Find out more about your bill

Everything you could possibly want to know about how your bill works can be found in our in-depth guide to understanding your bill.  

Update your phone settings

If you didn’t get your phone from us, you might need to update your settings. We’ll show you how to sort out your phone and device settings and manual setting in our helpful Phone Settings article.   

Set up your voicemail

Setting up your voicemail will mean you never have to miss a message when you’re busy and can’t get to the phone. Our detailed guide on how to set up your voicemail will show you how to access it, how to change the pin and answer any other frequently asked questions.   

Check your coverage

Want to know how good your mobile coverage at home or at work? View it by location with our handy coverage checker.

What do I do if my account hasn’t been activated correctly?

Occasionally you might experience issues switching to iD Mobile, these can include: 

• Being unable to make or receive calls 

• Being unable to send or receive texts or iMessages 

• A split port (when you can make calls and send texts but not receive them) 

• Your PAC or STAC not working 

We run reports daily to identify any switching failures or issues, and we’ll contact you via text if you’re affected. 

If you’re experiencing problems and haven’t received a text from us, please wait two working days before contacting us. If the issue hasn’t been resolved within that time, please contact our Live Chat team. Our Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

43 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Kage,

The only ones we have available are the ones you’ve seen on the website with bundles.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kage,

Yes, a bundle on our website needs to be chosen in order to purchase a Pay As You Go SIM card. You can use any additional credit that you have added to your account that has not been used towards a bundle once your allowances have expired.

The 2 months mentioned is just an example of how infrequent you can top up as opposed to our SIM only contract plans and does not relate to any expiry of credit. I have included a section of the terms and conditions in relation to the expiry of credit:

12.4 Unless an additional Top-Up has been made, any unused Credit will expire after a period of 365 days from the date of purchase and unused allowances will expire as specified and this is non-refundable.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Ryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @James95,

That’s very odd indeed.

I’ll send you a PM so we can look into this a little further as it’s the first I’ve heard of this.

Mohammed

hi i have not received my new sim card sandra logan REMOVED

I wil not pay for something i don't have. Please send sim card or i will cancel

Hopefully this can be resolved thankyou

Hi, I’m trying to set up my new phone with iD and I want to keep my old number for it. I texted PAC to the correct number but I kept getting messages to say that I needed to include my DoB which I did and it still didn’t work. Now I’ve apparently run out times I can text the number for today so I can’t continue with the set up. What should I do? 

Thank you

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I’m trying to set up my new phone with iD and I want to keep my old number for it. I texted PAC to the correct number but I kept getting messages to say that I needed to include my DoB which I did and it still didn’t work. Now I’ve apparently run out times I can text the number for today so I can’t continue with the set up. What should I do? 

Thank you

Are you joining iD and wanting to keep your ‘old’ mobile number @27xxCharliexx?

If yes, then using a phone with your ‘old’ service provider’s SIM card, text PAC to 65075 (but, depending on the provider, you may need to supply additional info with the PAC request). 
🤞

Thank you

Are you joining iD and wanting to keep your ‘old’ mobile number @27xxCharliexx?

If yes, then using a phone with your ‘old’ service provider’s SIM card, text PAC to 65075 (but, depending on the provider, you may need to supply additionalinfo with the PAC request). 
🤞

I am wanting to join and keep my old number yes. I did use my old SIM card to do it and sent PAC to 65075 and added on the additional information I was asked to provide but it still didn’t work

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am wanting to join and keep my old number yes. I did use my old SIM card to do it and sent PAC to 65075 and added on the additional information I was asked to provide but it still didn’t work

Okay @27xxCharliexx, I suggest you speak to your old provider another way - for example using web chat. 

Alternatively, if you’ve got an online account with your old provider, you should be able to sign-in and get a PAC online from your online account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi i have not received my new sim card sandra logan REMOVED

I wil not pay for something i don't have. Please send sim card or i will cancel

Hopefully this can be resolved thankyou

Hello @Sandra Logan,

You’ve posted your information publicly which we do not recommend.

I’ve now removed this.

You can get a free replacement via Currys which we can activate for you and credit for the time you’ve been without service or issue a replacement to you via DPD.

If you still need help with this, let us know and we will send you a private message to support you further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey iD. I have an O2 contract and I am paying a lot for it. I want to switch to iD Mobile. What's the best way off doing this? Thanks.

Hi sneaks04, welcome to our community and glad to hear you're thinking of joining the iD Family ☺️

The quickest way to do this is by calling our iD Sales Team on https://tel:+44800 049 0250.

Once you've got your contract, you can follow the steps above to keep your number and how to get started!

Mohammed

Okay @27xxCharliexx, I suggest you speak to your old provider another way - for example using web chat. 

Alternatively, if you’ve got an online account with your old provider, you should be able to sign-in and get a PAC online from your online account.

Thank you, I’ll try and see what happens. Thanks for your help 👍🏻

Userlevel 1
Hey iD. I have an O2 contract and I am paying a lot for it. I want to switch to iD Mobile. What's the best way off doing this? Thanks.

Hi,

Got immobile sim from curry's this morning, they told me that to get pay as you go sim activated need to go online to help it activated...don't have phone number for the card, how would I make it to work...?

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Vadims Guscins 

The team at Currys should have mentioned or provided the new number once the Pay As You Go SIM card was purchased, did you purchase it with a bundle?

Have you just purchased the £5 replacement iD Mobile SIM card? If so this wouldn’t have a number on it.

Tom

Why cant I transfer contacts to messenger and get the facbook on phone?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @Pippo 

You should be able to download Facebook Messenger on to your phone by installing through the Facebook app -or- through separately downloading the official Facebook Messenger app from either the Android store or the App store.

Once you’ve logged in to your Facebook account, all of your Facebook contacts list should be available there as it had been on any previous device.

just renew my contract  and have lost my network . Thanking it will be easy renewing from the same network provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Eugene Buba Nunoo,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you still experiencing issues or is the issue now resolved?

Kash

Hello. Changed from id contract to sim only. How do I get my old phone number back

Hi ID,

I am an existing customer and I am on monthly pay as you go with ID mobile and have purchased a new contract from carphone warehouse with ID mobile as the network provider, I have been given new sim card with new number but want to use my existing ID number and switch over and want to cancel my pay as you go monthly payment, please let me know, I tried to do switch over, but I get message: ‘Unfortunately same network switching is not permitted. If you would like to keep your existing number but would like to understand what upgrade or switching options you have please contact our customer services at’, however I have already purchased an upgrade plan, please advice as I want to use my existing ID number and cancel my pay as you go plan as I have bought a new contract monthly plan with carphone warehouse, please let me know as I want to continue using my existing number.

Kindest regards

Holy

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Holy Zaman 

If you’ve purchased a new plan with a new number this would not be considered an upgrade plan, as the port form suggests same network switching is not available.

It may be best to do what we’d call a triangle port.

Move the number you’d like to keep via PAC code from the current iD Mobile plan to another network’s Pay As You Go SIM card, once it’s moved there use a PAC code to move it from there to the new iD Mobile contact plan.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Engineman,

Assuming you did this correctly, you would have upgraded to a SIM only plan via the iD app/account.

This will retain your number and change your plan to a SIM only one.

If you ordered a new contract, then you would have a second number and it’s not possible to transfer.

Let us know if you did the latter as we will help cancel and guide you through upgrading.

Mohammed

Hi!

I’m thinking of switching from my current network to iD Mobile. I was just at a Carphone Warehouse store to get an iD Pay As You Go SIM card but was told that it is only possible to get a contract…

Well, on the website I can clearly see it is possible to get the PAYG SIM by purchasing one of 5 value bundles (https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only).

However, is it possible to get to iD Mobile without purchasing any bundle but just an initial PAYG credit? And if so, will I be able to make calls as long as my credit last or will I need to top up regularly so that the SIM’s functionality and my credit does not expire?

Hi @Will, thank you for your response.

Ok, so initially I need to get one of the PAYG bundles if I want to use a PAYG SIM card.

I can read that a bundle lasts 1 month and that I can also top up my credit on the side. But what after my bundle expires and I do not get another one? Will I then be able to rely only on my top-up?

And does my credit (apart from bundle) have an expiry period? In the general Pay As You Go description I can read as follows:

(...) you're free to top up as little or as much as you want, whenever you want.

Hardly use your device? Just add £10 to your SIM every two months.

Does it mean that if I rely only on my credit, I need to top it up every 2 months, otherwise I won’t be able to make calls etc.?

how do i claim my vouchers ,tyhat ive not been sent yet

Why iD Mobile?