Question

No mobile network connection

• 30 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello, on 21/3/20 I upgraded two mobile phones to new 24 month contracts and took out another SIM only contract in store at Carphone Warehouse within a Currys PC world store. The phones were not in stock but were delivered on 23/3/20 and I went back into store to have them set up properly including my moving my existing phone number, contacts and messages from my old phone to my new one.  This was supposedly done in store although the mobile network connection (iD mobile) did not show on the new phone. I was told it would do in a couple of hours.  Also my old phone was erased in store ready for the new SIM contract to start with the new phone number.  That evening, several hours later, I still didn't have the new mobile connection.  I couldn't return to store the next day because of the lockdown and could not get through to the call centre by phone. When I finally did get through, I got the message that the call centres had closed and to go online for help.  I did this but still could not get the help I needed as I still have no mobile connection on either of my new phones.  This is becoming urgent as I need it to be able to work properly from home and my son needs it for his school work (A level). Also I asked to buy Team Knowhow Mobile Complete Insurance cover when I bought the phone on 21/3/20 but was told it was not available to buy in store that day for some (technical?) reason? I have subsequently tried to purchase this online to be told it can only be bought in-store or online at the time of buying the phone so I now don't have any insurance cover for my phone either.  Further to this, my details have not been erased properly from my old phone despite this being set up as  SIM only contract for my other son with a new phone number etc.. Consequently this does not work as he can't use this phone either. Please could you address these issues as soon as possible. We NEED to be able to use our mobile phones now, especially in the current circumstances. Thank you. Maureen Swan, email mwoodburn@gwct.org.uk, mobile number 07814317625

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Maureen Swan 

I have sent you a private message with more information.

Regards

Aklima 

I can't use my phone. It comes up with mobile network unavailable 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ballavane 

Sorry to hear that, is this still happening after a device reboot?

Are you able to try the SIM in another device to see if the SIM or the device is the issue?

For more instant support on this I’d recommend contacting the iD Mobile Live Chat!

Tom

Why iD Mobile?