Solved

Old sim card in new phone asked to be activated

• 17 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello
I've recently upgraded my phone from a Sony Xperia M4 aqua to the Xperia XZ2. I kept the same sim card and put it into my new phone.
Everything has been working fine and so I downloaded the ID app on my new phone. Upon signing in to the app it stated that the sim needed activation, even though its a old sim that I've had for 5 years.
I did this and received a text from ID saying it will be activated within 24 hours. In the meantime I have lost all network coverage and mobile data. There was also a quick message saying 'voice not available' which disappeared within a second so I can't tell what it said.
I'm going away tomorrow so I need to know if my network will return upon 'activation' even though my sim was already activated or has my ID app messed up everything by trying to activate a old already active sim?
Help would be greatly appreciated!
icon

Best answer by Ryan 20 May 2019, 16:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Tomwhit,

Your new order should have come with a new SIM card, so what has happened is the system assumes you will use the new SIM card and asks if you want to activate it. As you went through the process, it has subsequently activated the new SIM card I'm afraid.

Do you have the new SIM card still? If not, you can request a new one by contacting our Live Chat team here.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?