Question

PAC not working & can't register

• 18 July 2020
  • 5 replies

I sent PAC  code on Wednesday but the number still hasn’t ported over and it’s now Saturday. I looked at suggestions to register for an idmobile account, but when I try to register it fails with error message: “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again”. I tried registering with the number that I wanted to port and the number that came with the phone, but it won’t let me register no matter what I do.  Why is this such a difficult thing for idmobile to accomplish? Keeping your telephone number has always been a really simple straightforward process for me in the past, but seems to be fraught with enormous difficulities with idmobile. Perhaps if this is such a big problem, they should make customers aware of this and then we wouldn’t be deceived into thinking that keeping our original mobile number is remotely possible. But hey, if I knew that, I would have gone elsewhere.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ClarySageDoll ,

We are sorry to hear about this. 

I can see that you have already advised us that this has been resolved. To avoid any confusion it’s best to stick to one Community post so we don’t miss out on anything important.

If you require any further assistance please get back to us.

Kash

Sorry- I explained in other thread that this hasn’t been resolved. My new phone has new number and PAC to port my old number hasn’t worked. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @ClarySageDoll 

When you’re trying to register on our website.  Are you ensuring you’re entering the iD Mobile number that came with the SIM we sent you?  As that is a must to get the account first registered.

Once registered, you’ll be able to submit the PAC (code) again within your My Account area, and bring your old number across to take over as your number with us.

Number ports should only take 1-2 working days at most, so it sounds like we’ve not received the details from you correctly if things haven’t switched over yet.

The PAC from your old network is still active, right?

Hi- thanks for your reply. I’ve registered on Idmobile using new number on new phone and resent PAC code. Can you please update the instructions to include this step? It isn’t anywhere on the advice offered when transferring a number and I’m sure is the cause of delays with many others who’ve tried to keep their original number.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ClarySageDoll,

We’re glad that you have managed to now register your account and thank you for the feedback. As the contract comes with a new number, until the port has completed this would need to be used for all aspects of the account. The reason why this isn’t mentioned is because users people choose to register for an account after the port has already completed so then you would need to use the old, ported number you see.

Thanks,

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?