Question

ported number

• 31 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I've requested that my number be ported to ID from 3. I noticed today that my 3 sim is no longer working and after contacting them they have said that it has been ported to my new provider. When I send messages or make calls on my ID sim it still comes up as the number that was provided from ID not the number I wanted to port. I have restarted the phone taken out and put back in the sim card but this makes no difference. How long will it take for my ported number to show on my ID sim after my old provider terminates the contract.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Yeahdude80 

Sorry to hear you are having some difficulty since your number port 

Take a look at this FAQ that is here on the Community it may help with your query 

Also for any future questions you may have I recommend first trying to search for an answer to it here on the Community. Its a great resource full of answers to the most asked questions, try the search function at the top of the page where you'll be linked to

• questions that have been asked with an answer
  • articles from iD Mobile that give help and advice
  • detailed FAQ's

Hope this helps

Richard C

Badge +10

@Yeahdude80 if you go to settings and about you will need to change the old telephone number over to the new one by typing in the new number, depending on what mobile you have will depend greatly on what settings menu you need to look under!

Android is fairly simple go to contacts>My details - enter the new number

Apple can be cumbersome as you will need to turn iMessages off first
Settings>phone>My number - enter the new number

Now you can tun iMessage back on - you may still have issues with iMessages it’s a case of having patients with it and you may need to change the contact number on you Apple ID too

Userlevel 1

The good news is about 10 minutes after I posted this my number transferred yet. Only took 8 days

Why iD Mobile?