Solved

Ported number now being asked to reset phone

• 25 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Ported my old number yesterday, confirmed by old provider and accepted by IDMobile.  My old SIM card now does not make calls so I assume this is because the number has been ported to IDMobile.  I can make calls on the IDMobile SIM but it comes up as being made from the simcard number not my original number.  Also no calls are being directed to my original number.

Also today I am getting a notification that I need to re-set my phone back to factory settings and lose all my data!!  Surely this is not correct?  I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 28 September 2020, 20:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @dianajaner,

We would not recommend resetting your phone for a number port issue. Number ports can take up to 2 days (not including weekend days) to fully complete so if this time has passed then it would be best to restart the phone (turn your phone off and then back on) after a few minutes. I can only assume that this is what the notification wanted you to do.

You can also manually connect to the network again by going to Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators. Try a manual search and connect back to iD.

Please let us know how this goes.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?