Solved

Porting Old Number

• 2 January 2019
  • 3 replies

The details for porting your old number say that you have to log into your account. So as I do not have an account, I attempted to register, but I just get an error. I assume that this is because I have not yet ported my old number so it is not associated with my last name and D.O.B? Seems like a chicken and egg situation!
icon

Best answer by Gregor 2 January 2019, 16:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Waldy, @Meatclaret and a hearty welcome to the iD Community here.

When it comes to registering for an account to use online or through the app.
You would always need to register first of all using the number that was originally associated with the SIM we send you (which obviously to you will be a very temporary number).

Once you've registered using your own details and the iD Mobile number that is on the SIM, you will then be able to enter your number you're wanting to keep, and the PAC (code) for that in order to bring that over to us. Thus then becoming the mobile number that will be on your account here for the duration of your time with us going forward.

Just to add, number transfer's should usually only take about 1 working day to occur after you've submitted a PAC.

I hope this helps.
I have tried the same but I can’t open the app without receiving a text code to input sent to the new number.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Waldy

Porting your number doesn't have anything to do with registering your account.

Did you download ID Mobile app on your phone? Try downloading it and registering through there.

When registering your account are inputting your temporary ID number or your old number that you want to move over? You should input your temporary ID number there.

Do you have already any account registered with ID before? If yes, then you should use different email address.

Try these steps above and let us know if that helps.

Regards

Why iD Mobile?