Solved

porting problems

• 3 January 2019
  • 7 replies

I just ported my number a few days ago today the old sim stopped working so i figgured the number had moved over, when i started the phone, i never got a signal, it has no reception, so i cant make calls or receive them. More than that is that i cant use the old sim either .
I called customer service and was very taken on a ride and i felt as if i was guiding the representitive through the possible problems.

She first though i must need a new sim but that cant be as i used the sim before the switch, she did say the switch was done. after trying a few other things she said there was work in my area so there was tempory prob with reception. i tried saying that wasent possible as i was speaking from a friends phone on id, but with nothing more to add she just said it would all be fine after 6pm. it wasent, so now what.
not so happ with the service, anyone know whats going on
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 3 January 2019, 22:09

View original

7 replies

Badge +10
All I can suggest at the moment is it's a waiting game, that’s all there is to it. Your number should be transferred within 1-2 working days, depending on the time of day you submitted your request. If it was after 5pm, it takes 2 working days.

You should restart your mobile a few times every hour till it all starts working, its a good sign the old number has stopped working, it means the engineers have started work on the port from the other end.
It still may not fully start working till moro, all ports are done manually during working hours only and if you are porting in it's the other network that is to blame here as they are the ones switching you over. All ID Mobile can do is monitor the port and send a tech report to the other network if things go wrong.

If you have not successfully ported by this time moro please contact the social media team over at:
facebook.com/idmobileuk/
twitter.com/id_mobile_uk

The Social Media team are reachable from:
8 am until 8 pm during the week.
9 am to 5:30 pm on weekends.
...they are very good at sorting out issues like this
Thanks for the reply but the waiting has not helped, its been almost a week now without a working phone. im not one with social media so how else can i get help resolving this asap?
Being that your a super hero, there is there something you can do to fix it?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi @kruger

Have you made sure your handset is unlocked? If it isn’t then your phone will only accept SIM cards from the mobile network operator you had previously and any other mobile network operators that used it’s network.

Does the SIM card work in any other handset that is either unlocked or locked to the iD/Three network? This will help to determine if there’s something funny going on with the SIM working or your handset.

Regards

Dan
Yes that much i know its all unlocked.. thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
@kruger Test the sim in another device, if it doesn’t work in a different device then I would sugest getting a replacement sim. Request one for free from customer services to be delivered or you can get an instant one straight from a Carphone Warehouse store for £5
Thanks but iv done all the basic tests.. still nothing what iv heard so far from people is that sometimes things get messed with transfer and need a tech guy to fix..
Iv only been with id for 2 weeks not been the greatest experience with no one to actually deal with the issue that come up.
I must acknowledge though they offer this community where we can talk about the problems which helps in a kind of therapy sort of way but dosent realy help getting the phone to actually make calls so im holding out a little longer, but will be moving on if not sorted by tomorrow.

Thanks for your effort
Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Kruger, if your SIM has worked in the past before your port but you no longer get service then please contact us.

We'll need to look into your account to see what needs to be done to help you get this sorted.

-Phil

Why iD Mobile?